INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.199 beta  (Read 12149 times)

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
Re: Media Center 9.1.199 beta
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2003, 10:02:10 am »

Also love the new look and feel.  One idea: when I enter "Rules" in that search field in the upper-right corner, that field takes over the screen if I put a number of rules there (it expands out to the left).  The little "now playing"-type window in the center gets shrunk. Maybe a way to shrink the rules window so that the now-playing area is dominant again?  Maybe like the system tray arrow in WinXP?

Thanks
crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2003, 10:25:24 am »

Love the new design ... I was trying out version 9.0. When I downloaded and installed 9.1.199, I purchased the same day.

Nice development plan going here. I like the added flexibility provided by the new navigation system. Very well done.

I do have a problem ... I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's something I'm doing incorrectly. When I choose View > Filter > Show only Audio Files, the list appropriately displays only my music. However, the next time I open the application, the filter is switched back to Show All Files.

Is the application forgetting my setting? Or am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks again for a very well thought out product!

Edit: Somehow, I've managed to get a small pane in the lower left (below the tree) that allows me to display the cover art. I'm sure this wasn't there before (as I looked for it immediately after installing). Later on, there was the resize bar which allowed this area to be displayed. What did I do? I like having it there, but would like to be able to turn it back on if (?when?) I unintentionally turn it off  ;)

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2003, 05:41:12 pm »

I am having problems with the convert format tool. I rip all my files as ape, and then use the convert tool to add a MP3 file to the library. I have the convert set to put the new file somewhere else and not to delete the old file and not to update the library. I am seeing it try and overwrite the ape file as part of the convert. After each file I am asked if I want to overwrite the old file with the new one...

Media Center Registered 9.1.199 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1152 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 588 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2003, 08:34:13 pm »

Would it be possible to add the ability to rip from more than one CD at a time? When I have a number of CDs to rip, this would cut my time in half. (Or somewhere near that, due to processing overhead and things.)
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2003, 08:38:05 pm »

199 bug:

folder= query in smartlist seems not working now.  I needed to use location= query instead.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2003, 09:15:34 pm »

199 bug (internationalization issue)

Copy and paste of tag information did't copy all information properly.  I guess it is copying the number of characters instead of number of bytes.  This causes problem if there are multi-bytes character in tag information.

For example, I select several songs and pushd ^C, then paste those information into notepad.  If song name/aritist/album titles contains multi-byte characters, the pasted information is cutted at the middle.  If I selected 48 songs and copied it, only 20 songs information was pasted into notepad and last song information is cutted at the middle of string.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2003, 09:57:32 pm »

This is obvious, but I don't remember seeing it (may have missed it...)

When you have the main window bottom bar scrolled to the right, then float the mouse over the tabs, the highlighted tab is offset by the distance the bottom bar is scrolled.

Another minor detail that came to mind... on the installer, the 'disable skins' option shows a blank window that says a view isn't available. Can someone get a shot of a non-skinned MC and stick it in there? That way we can tell if no skins are better than the default ones available. Also, it makes the install more polished and professional.

Adding a view scheme (cause I tried to delete a duplicated album list after renaming one, and it deleted the view!!) hung MC. (I went back to default to views and group views and got the scheme back)

Album Artist (auto) is listed twice in the new scheme creator.

This was all worked out a couple days ago though, right? Any idea when we'll see the new update? (I try to be patient, I honestly do!)

(Still think MC is the best thing since the TV remote control!! Testamonials available upon request)

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2003, 10:08:20 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that when you're in the DSP Studio and switch to 4 speaker... it changes to 2 speaker when you close it? I can put it on 5.1 and it'll stay (sounds fabulous!) but I'm wondering if this is an issue with sound card detection or if the feature isn't working correctly?

Been playing with visualizations, and this is what I've found.

1) Turning on the DSP Studio and using anything but default speakers or stereo causes the visualization to not see the music. Tried all the settings, and the make or break is that speaker one. I can set it to 4 speakers and let it switch to 2, (mentioned that earlier) and it doesn't work. I can set it to 5.1 so I get my rear speakers working, and vis doesn't react there either.

2) When the visualization isn't reacting it tends to hang my Windows XP, which doesn't happen very often even with all the junk I tend to have on it. While playing with the visualizions, I've had to turn the computer off and on about 8 or 10 times!  

3) The Playing Now arrows to switch from vis to track info or whatever doesn't work when there's nothing playing.

Marko

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2003, 11:22:03 pm »

I am having problems with the convert format tool. I rip all my files as ape, and then use the convert tool to add a MP3 file to the library. I have the convert set to put the new file somewhere else and not to delete the old file and not to update the library. I am seeing it try and overwrite the ape file as part of the convert. After each file I am asked if I want to overwrite the old file with the new one...

Not just ape conversion, wavs too.....

Bugs - 16/06/03
1. Not detecting max burn speed of cd writer (max offered is 10x and should be 16x. 10x is the max RW write speed)
2. Convert from wav to mp3 using the MC's internal encoder attempts to write the converted file as wav, not mp3 and asks about file replacement. The wav file MC attempts to write is in fact an mp3 file with the wrong extension. If yes is chosen from the replace file prompt, the original wav is replaced by this wrongly named mp3 file, if no is chosen, the mp3 file is saved correctly.
3. Rename file from properties is sometimes using the filename instead of the track name for the [NAME] mask.
4. No right-click menu on the task bar entry (system tray is fine)
5. Tool-tips often display the wrong tip (will try to narrow this down)
6. In a view scheme of [RATING]-[ARTIST]-[ALBUM]-[NAME] clicking on "?" in the left-most pane returns nothing when it should reurn all non-rated files.

Wishlist
Please can the view scheme that uses location (root) show a pane for each sub directory?

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2003, 01:03:49 am »

Display bug:
The tooltip for the top of the window displays for the area above the current file area. Now that toolbars can be moved up here, the tooltips conflict with each other.

PS - I have a picture, but the board doesn't appear to allow attaching images :(

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2003, 01:24:56 am »

When starting media by double clicking in the Explorer, can the MC window come to the front, with Playing Now showing? (With the appropriate view, like list of audio files, or video.)

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2003, 10:21:09 am »

Minor usability issues:

1. The multiple columns of the view scheme levels need to be resizeable, as some colums contain lots of info, and others only a few characters.  Remember the column widths for a given view scheme.

2. When I finish Editing a View Scheme, MC collapses the Media Library tree and moves to the root "Media Library" node.  Please make the focus stay on the View Scheme that I just edited.

3. When Track Info is in Windowed mode, please make it pop to the front whenever I click on the main MC window. It is easy to lose that small window behind others.  It should always stay on top of the MC window (but not other applications - that would be BAD!).

Thanks!  I like the new UI.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2003, 10:31:03 am »

Bug: If you move mouse over bottom border of the window in a place where there are no toolbar buttons above it, then move the mouse upwards, it continues to look like a resize arrow even when you are not in the resize zone.  Also happens on the size borders, but not as much.

Complaint: To get a diagonal resize arrow, you have to have the pointer right on the corner - very little tolerance.  Most apps allow diagonal resize within a large are, especially in the lower-right corner.

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2003, 11:08:42 am »

Can we get a checkbox to AUTOMATICALLY close CD Burner or CD Ripper when it's finished? And can they go into the back of the window stack when we click on the MC main window?

Speaking of the window stack... can we get a Window option in the File, Edit, View menu? (not a real use for it at the moment, since it seems the windows don't stack - they just appear on top of the main window, but if you allow windows to stack behind the main it would be extremely handy to be able to pull one out.)

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2003, 11:16:47 am »

BUG: MC 9.1.199 does not respond to minimize command from Microsoft Intellipoint.  I have a 5-button mouse.  One  of those buttons is configured to "Minimize" in Intellipoint, but MC ignores it.  It worked in MC 9.0 and all other apps I use.

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2003, 11:37:43 am »

Media Center 9 when using Slideshow plugin will lock up while Slideshow is searching the internet for images. It happens when the message "retrieving images" is displayed in the "playing now" window.

The mouse will move around the screen but single clicks, double clicks, right clicks etc don't do anything.

urlybird

----------------------------------

Media Center Registered 9.1.199 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3064 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 429 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive W:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive W: SONY     DVD RW DRU-500A    Addr: 5:0:0  Speed:18  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2003, 11:58:28 am »

.199 BUG: The right-click context menu is missing on the Task Bar for MC 9.1 (worked in 9.0).

Also, if you left-click on the task bar button when MC is open and in the front, that is supposed to minimize it, but it doesn't.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up