INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.199 beta  (Read 12148 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.199 beta
« on: June 13, 2003, 12:31:31 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:  

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91199.exe  

(backup your library before installing)

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.  

History  
1. Fixed: File selection for CD burning was broken.
2. Changed: New library browsing system many times faster.
3. Fixed: Several bugs with the new library browsing system.
4. Changed: Searching using the search box is faster than before. (especially on large libraries)
5. Fixed: Custom fields couldn't be selected as a default search field.
6. Fixed: New fields created with 9.1 wouldn't work properly -- remove them and add them again to fix the problem.
7. Fixed: Menus weren't selectable using down-drag-up mouse method.
8. Fixed: Files queued for burning were showing a status of "On Disk" instead of "In Queue".
9. Fixed: Double clicking on player buttons would maximize MC's main window.
10. NEW: Added an option to change colors of toolbar's text.
11. NEW: MC shows progress report while transferring files from WIA devices.
12. Fixed: If "rearrange cd folders" was set to "none", custom created user folders didn't appear on CD
13. NEW: DVD burning capability (ISO 9660 data format). -R, -RW, +R, +RW formats supported. Use with caution, not heavily tested.
14. Fixed: CD burner, NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A drive would never get past writing lead-in.
15. Fixed: CD burner, CENDYNE 522452AU wasn't extracting the correct write speed (getting 0x instead of 48x).
16. Fixed: CD burner, placing large numbers of files in a single folder could result in a corrupt data disk.
17. Fixed: CD burner, when burning multi-session cd, if the first session could not be imported correctly, MC could create a corrupt data disk.

Buckaroo

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Deeds, not words.
Re: Media Center 9.1.199 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 01:30:04 pm »

Overall, I'm *really* liking the new look/feel, and I think that the new sorting is totally the way to go. However, I would make sure that you keep the tree view as an option.

9.1.199 Bugs:

NEW: Not holding onto custom Media Library view settings (i.e. changing the Artist column to Album Artist (auto) resets to default on re-start).

NEW: No longer allows the user to have different view settings when moving from top level Media Library view (currently set to Album Thumbnails on my system) to individual Artist/Album views (formerly set to Automatic)

NEW: Library views sometimes 'sticky' (i.e. when moving from top-level navigation to a single album and then back again, the view will keep displaying only the single album's tracks).

OLD: The Album Thumbnails list style has *never* dealt with multiple artist albums properly. I have all albums with multiple artists set to use the actual artist name under the Artist field, and set to 'various artists' under the Album Artist field. However, no matter what I do, the thumbnails will always display multiple artist albums sorted under whatever individual artist is closest to 'A' (i.e: the soundtrack to Lost Highway is sorted under 'Bowie, David' instead of 'Various Artists'). Again, this happens no matter how I sort the top level Media Library view (I have Album Artist set as my default top-level sorter).

SUGGESTION: make sure that users can tab though the columns and select anything (album, track, image) without having to use a mouse.
Keeping the world safe for short SIGs

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 01:47:16 pm »

This should be fun ::)
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 01:51:54 pm »

Will the IPOD plugin work with 9.1?  Are there any known issues?

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 02:20:09 pm »

Love the new look Media Library - split panes on the right so much less cluttered than the old left hand system.

Also thanks to Steve for putting the playlist etc details and space info back into the Ipod plug-in - really missed that.

I think it's coming together really well - keep up the good work guys.

John

DocLotus

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 02:34:44 pm »

Much Better  ;D

* List are now very fast.

* Where is the Change toolbars Text?  Can't find it.

* Icons are hard to see.. all one color until mouse over.  Don?t like that at all.  Makes finding the correct icon much harder as they all look similar (all white).

* Continous, Shuffle, & DSP studio bottons are way too small.

* And... Green Eyes skin is back. Thank you  ;D

Some thoughts on Green Eyes skin...

* The top green bar needs to be blended into the silver as the abrupt color change seems to cut off the icons & menus.

Generally thought MC 9.1 is starting to look pretty good (if I can ever get my head around the new lists).

TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 03:45:13 pm »

I'm getting to like it more, and it's a LOT faster, but...

The new list boxes most times don't initialize to the top of the list.  Example:  Choose Artist/Album from the tree and you get 3 list boxes, one for the grouping, one for artist and one for album.  If I select A-C in the first list, the second list shows ABBA at the top and I have to scroll up to see Aaron Nevile and the <all> entry.  If I then select something in the middle of the A-C artist list, then select another grouping, say G-I, the middle list reloads but is positioned somewhere in the middle of the G-I artists.

Schemes based on location don't have any indicator that an entry has subdirectories.   It needs a little "+" or something to let us know.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 03:48:05 pm »

2 things...

-Minor cosmetic issue:  First dialog box in setup says 9.0 not 9.1.... the one before the EULA...

- MC still won't play .DAT files (VCDs)... if you rename them to .MPG they play fine... hard to do with a burned disc though....  would it be possible to open up the file format support a bit more?  not really sure how MC does valid file checking.. if it's just by file name perhaps it can be changed to do it by file header info...

MachineHead

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 04:15:35 pm »

Properties is still an issue. Just doesn't seem natural.

Click on the seperator arrows between the list and artist - album views(?) does not raise or lower the seperator.

Selecting Media Library from the tree and hitting the letter "S" takes you to Start now. Is this intentional? Is it specific to the view panes on the right now?

MachineHead

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 04:44:25 pm »

Suggestion:

Picking an Album from the split view needs to be linked to Artist. If browsing albums and you click one it should auto-jump to that artist.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 05:10:07 pm »

Strange behavior of MC9

I instealled WinXP today and isntalled 9.1.199.  At the end of installation, installer executed MC9.  It asked me about the initialization of MC9 library.  I chose to parse all APL files.  It worked fine, but MC9.1 window didn't appear after that.  Once, I rebooted machine or terminate MC9 and execute it again, MC9 shows window without any problem.  I guess there is some problem at the first run of MC9.  Thanks.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 05:14:53 pm »

Been out of the country and kinda lost track of just what is up with new versions of MC - just got back and want to give .199 a try.  But first; is it retaining view scheme and tool bar settings from .180?  
Thanks much
Ken

nila

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 05:33:55 pm »

Still BEGGING for a second property window on the right hand side - the ability to have one set to properties (I'd use the one on the right) and one set to statistics (the left smaller one) would be sooo powerful!!

nila

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2003, 06:04:20 pm »

AM BEGGING for this to be added.

Another check box along with:  Default search fields, and store inside files - the new option would make the drop down list display ALL the possible values from the library not just the ones that are selected.

I REALLY want the drop down list to have all values for a field that are in the library not just the ones from the currently selected files.

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 06:10:17 pm »

199 will NOT play internet radio . .  .
was listening to www.RadioParadise.com
installed 199, opened to my RadioParadise playlist, double clicked as usual No Music . . .

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files"

Hmm, worked in last build only 2 minutes earlier . . .  My DSL is still active, checked all the simple stuff already   ?

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 07:21:47 pm »

I noticed that when I right-click the MC button in the Windows taskbar, no menu appears.  I normally close my apps by right clicking and selecting Close.  I'm pretty sure this works in the most recent non-beta release, which is what I had before downloading the beta.

-- crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 07:27:07 pm »

If a custom filed is created using 9.1 and is later deleted, then data will shuffle between other custom fileds created using 9.1.

Omni

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 08:03:09 pm »

"Album Artist (auto)" is listed twice in "Component Type:" listbox in the view scheme edit/add dialog box, specifically. in the "Component Properties" dialog box.

Omni

Omni

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2003, 08:12:56 pm »

Actually, believe it or not, I created my first custom view scheme tongiht.  (That's how I discovered the above oversight.)  With the new library's layout, it was just too tempting not to do.

I created an Artist/Rating view scheme.  In the "Rating" window, all the expected choices appear:  <all>, ?, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.  However, if I select "?" (unrated), nothing is matched (which is definitely a bug since 90% of my music is unrated).  Selecting the others (individually or grouped) works fine; it's just the unrated choice that seems to do nothing.

(Yes, I know there is an built-in smartlist to display all the unrated tracks, but that doesn't negate the bug above.)

Omni

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2003, 09:18:09 pm »

Multiple Artists:
Fixed

MP3 Radio Streaming:
Still broken.  Stream sounds like a bad mp3.  After attempting to stream from a station, all local mp3s sound messed up until MC is restarted.

New Browsing UI:
Starting to really, really, really like it.
Toast goes in the toaster.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2003, 10:11:20 pm »

If dragging and dropping a file to a "List" field like the Keywords field in the new library view, only that selected value is kept in the field and not added with the already existing value via comma seperated.
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2003, 03:07:45 am »

I am still not able to download cover art.  Anyone else have this problem?

DocLotus

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 04:10:47 am »

New view scheme needs to remember where it was last.

If I am playing Audio, then go to TV, then decide to return to Audio (which I do a lot) MC does not remember anything about the last Audio I played.

With sooo much text on the screen I often can't remember where I left off at. >:(

This needs to be resolved  ::)

MachineHead

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2003, 04:43:03 am »

Another gripe about current File Properties:

Commands and Tools buttons are no longer available. (Unless there is some obtuse setting that needs to be applied.)

Trying to access Analyze audio, or anything else for that matter, is now a right click deal from one of the panes. Seems like another step that shouldn't be necessary.

Possible change(?):

Select Media Library from the Tree and still be able to select 'All' with a right click or ctrl+A.

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2003, 05:07:49 am »

Small cosmetic note... the search button on 9.1.199 with Z skin has a black square around it.  In the green eyes, it doesn't match the fade.  I don't overly care, since it doesn't really effect anything but the look.  Just figured it should go on the list so it isn't missed later on.

-kiwi

lOth

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2003, 05:28:37 am »

Great work guys, I really love the new look and feel.

One question though: where is the 'insert inside file when possible' checkbox in the image window gone? Maybe the disparition of that checkbox is the reason why I can't insert images in the tags as I used to before 9.1.
What I would do in 9.0 was browse to the cover art, right click the preview in the image window, select paste to clipboard, browse to and select all of the tunes in the album, right click them, and select 'copy from clipboard' in the cover art menu. Voilà.
In 9.1 when I try to paste from the clipboard, the image window show a link to MC's cover art folder but no image. In order to insert the image in the tag, I have to select my tunes, 'add from file' from the cover art menu, and browse for the cover on my HD.
I think the previous system was much more intuitive and easier. Is the checkbox gone forever, or is it some place else I didn't find yet?

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2003, 05:52:10 am »

To the album art - I think it's still fairly messed up. Still seeing the bug I reported on the last build. Also Pastin album art from the clipboard takes a very long time (CPU shoots to 100 for about 10-20 sec before it pastes).

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2003, 06:01:58 am »

When pasting cover art on a file where the album name is blank, the cover art file is called .jpg

This means that all files now with no cover art has that image assigned to it
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nicosch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2003, 07:29:43 am »

I like the 9.1.199 version very much.
There is one thing I still don't understand.
In the top of the view is the display of the playing file.
Showing songname, album, time, kbps number of total numbers.
But where is the artist name?
I would like the name of the artist in the same display.
Is it possible? If so, please tell me how to do it.
Nicosch

Timmy_Yak

• Recent member
  • I am a Sexy Beast
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2003, 07:33:02 am »

Still cannot resize the window or get my task bar to pop up when the window is maximized.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2003, 07:59:04 am »

New view scheme needs to remember where it was last.

If I am playing Audio, then go to TV, then decide to return to Audio (which I do a lot) MC does not remember anything about the last Audio I played.

With sooo much text on the screen I often can't remember where I left off at. >:(

This needs to be resolved  ::)

I agree with this.

This might be just a fluke bug but I thought I might as well just post it.

I was doing a mass analyzing of audio.. when it analyze about 120+ songs, MC just shutdown. No warning, no error. Nothing at all. I've restarted the analzying and now it is doing about 142 songs. I am crossing my finger and hoping it won't happen again.

All in all, the new MC is getting better and better and I like the new library system very much. :)
Don't Panic!

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2003, 10:03:52 am »

Where's the "store cover art inside file" option?  It appears to have moved.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2003, 10:24:20 am »

There seems to be some non-intuitive interface issues between the "Artist" , "Album" mini-windows and the main window & search feature.  The issue, in a nut shell, seems to be which of these elements should be dominant?

Example:

I type "Beck" in the search field
The outcome is dependant upon what's highlighted in the mini windows.  

If I have "all" highlighted on both the Artist and Album mini window I see all the Beck files in the main window.

However, if I accidentally clicked on anything other than "all" (or Beck) in either mini window my search returns with an empty main window.  The user now goes, "What! I know I have lots of Beck songs in here!" and has to figure out what he/she did wrong.

This system is very intuitive if you do everything in the proper order but can be frustrating if you do things backwards (or simply forget to reset the mini windows to all).

I'd suggest expanding the search feature to solve this.  The current search field should remain but is renamed to "Search All" or "Search All Library".  This field now searches the entire media library regardless of the position of what's highlighted in the mini-windows.  

Next, add a search field within each mini window that exclusively searches that particular window (attached to the "artist" heading, perhaps).  

(BTW, I know you can click on the search icon and specify to search 'artist', 'album', etc.  but that's different.  The searches I'm talking about are for organizing the view)

Another thought: add a button that resets all the mini-windows to "all".  This would enable a very fast set-up for a totally new search.

Overall, 9.1 is very nice.  Very good to look at.  Can we expect a mini-me skin soon?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2003, 10:26:27 am »

Time from start up to playing a song has increased to about 8 seconds.  Sometimes the first track starts plays a second then stops for a couple of seconds then carries on.  This never happened before 9.1.  I guess it is probably just anm optimizatioon thing with the new code and I know this is still only a beta.  Guess its just cos your betas always seem more solid than most peoples RTM.  Still, any chance of a fix?

PS I used the new GUI to runa disco today at my cousins birthday and it worked great.  Very easy for the kids to see what I had on the PC and to choose songs and then add to them to the end of the queue.  fantastic.  Beats PCDJ for this hands down!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2003, 11:33:29 am »

In the top of the view is the display of the playing file.
Showing songname, album, time, kbps number of total numbers.
But where is the artist name?
I would like the name of the artist in the same display.
Is it possible? If so, please tell me how to do it.

And please display somewhere the current zone and current library, or better make the display completely configurable and also media type dependent! Thanks!

JohnnyDingus

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2003, 12:29:16 pm »

Greetings,
I am having two issues. I still can't get it to burn a cd. I had gone through all of the help fixes and still nothing. Any ideas? I also have a problem right when MC 9.1 starts. It says my trial period is over and if I want to purchase go to the web site. I just click ok and it starts fine. I have already purchased MC9 and when I look in the registration the number is there. Any ideas for this would be appreciated.
Steve

Power corrupts...Absolute power is kinda neat.........John Lennon

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2003, 12:51:45 pm »

I'm still new to MC but I'm completely hooked.  Some things I noticed while working with 9.1.199:

It would be great if while using Acquire Images we could create a new folder directly in the window when telling where to copy files too.

I burned a music CD, not a data cd, and all the tracks lost all of their naming etc.

The new date handling in 9.1 is great, year, month, day etc.  But I don't take pictures every day, couldn't there be a new field made up of just year, month, day?  That way maybe only the days that have pictures would show in the list.  This would be great for organizing pics.  I'm not sure if that made sense or not......

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2003, 02:37:35 pm »

Help.. I have been gone a few weeks (OK so now the dummy is back)..  went from 180 to 199..  How can I change the look of 199 to look like 180..  this old man hates the new screen..  or is this just a way to get rid of the old guys?  so if I must I will go back to 180 and not upgrade again.. Even the Bill Gates STAFF makes things look about the same .. Sorry but I vote for the OLD look.

the Scheme filename (path) does not work, click on the Plus.. nothing happens
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

NoCodeUK

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2003, 04:18:54 pm »

DX Host plugins cannot be turned on/off in this build.  The plugin checkbox will not allow itself to be checked.  Please bring this back as it is a real part of my sound...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2003, 06:02:46 pm »

A User Reported A Problem With The Current Version And the SDK

Year = MJFile.Year (No Longer Works And Replaces Year With "1899")

====================================

I Tried This And This Does Not Work Correctly And The Year Is Replaced With 1905

Year = MJFile.Get("Date (year)", False)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JohnT

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2003, 06:20:34 pm »

Greetings,
I am having two issues. I still can't get it to burn a cd. I had gone through all of the help fixes and still nothing. Any ideas? I also have a problem right when MC 9.1 starts. It says my trial period is over and if I want to purchase go to the web site. I just click ok and it starts fine. I have already purchased MC9 and when I look in the registration the number is there. Any ideas for this would be appreciated.
On the CD burning issue, what are the symptoms? Could you post your system info here (from the MC help menu). Also, if you send me an email I'll give you instructions on creating a CD burning log file on Monday. I'm sure we can get it figured out.
As to the registration issue, I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe try an uninstall/reinstall. On Monday I can check your license and see if there's any problem with it.

johnt @ jriver.com

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2003, 06:31:59 pm »

I burned a music CD, not a data cd, and all the tracks lost all of their naming etc.
Did the tracks lose their names when you view them in MC or in a consumer CD player? Do you have Cd-Text enabled?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

wonmug

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Don't worry, I'm always like this!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2003, 10:00:49 pm »

This may have been noted earlier, but 9.1 no longer supports the standard Windows key strokes for minimizing (Alt-Space+N).
From the desk of: wonmug

Marko

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2003, 12:59:51 am »

plextor cd writer "write speed" not detected properly.
shows the write speed for cd-rw (10x) as the max speed, should be 16x for cd-r

nicosch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2003, 01:46:59 am »

There seems to be some non-intuitive interface issues between the "Artist" , "Album" mini-windows and the main window & search feature.  The issue, in a nut shell, seems to be which of these elements should be dominant?

Example:

I type "Beck" in the search field
The outcome is dependant upon what's highlighted in the mini windows.  

If I have "all" highlighted on both the Artist and Album mini window I see all the Beck files in the main window.

However, if I accidentally clicked on anything other than "all" (or Beck) in either mini window my search returns with an empty main window.  The user now goes, "What! I know I have lots of Beck songs in here!" and has to figure out what he/she did wrong.

This system is very intuitive if you do everything in the proper order but can be frustrating if you do things backwards (or simply forget to reset the mini windows to all).

I'd suggest expanding the search feature to solve this.  The current search field should remain but is renamed to "Search All" or "Search All Library".  This field now searches the entire media library regardless of the position of what's highlighted in the mini-windows.  

Next, add a search field within each mini window that exclusively searches that particular window (attached to the "artist" heading, perhaps).  

Another thought: add a button that resets all the mini-windows to "all".  This would enable a very fast set-up for a totally new search.

I totally agree with you. I hope it will be changed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2003, 05:47:52 am »

I Can't Edit The "Date (year)" field unless I go to "Properties"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2003, 07:31:15 am »

Maximised window (not full screen) still denies me the Windows task bar! Windows XP Pro SP1.  :(
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2003, 07:49:54 am »

MC crashes on start up if last played file was on removable media (Firewire drive in this case) and the media is not present on start up.

RemyJ

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2003, 08:33:25 am »

What's the deal with the "Recently Playing Now's" playlist group?  Every time I add something to Playing Now, a new playlist gets created with the current date and time.   They disapear when you restart MC but since I rarely restart, they're piling up fast.  Is there a purpose for these things?   BTW, you have to hit F5 in the tree to even see the playlists.

They also don't interact well with the drop target....

Restart MC to clear everything out.

Use the right click menu to add something to the end of playing now.  The drop target changes to "Add ...".

Drag something to the drop target.  It adds to playing now then the drop target changes to the current date and time.

Drag something else to the drop target.  It adds to the auto-created playlist with the current date and time (again, you have to keep refreshing the tree to see the lists) but doesn't add to playing now.  

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

michel

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2003, 08:43:39 am »

bug into images/date view scheme

MC seems unable to get Exif date if it is 1/1/any year.

Also if you select a  day, let say 5, MC displays every days with "5" -> 5, 15, 25.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up