INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit XMLTV ID For Channel?  (Read 1817 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Edit XMLTV ID For Channel?
« on: March 29, 2018, 05:37:34 pm »

Over the next few months, we're going to have number of OTA channels jump around to new frequencies and virtual channel numbers here in the Boston market.  The first one is channel 60.5 (the NBC affiliate) moving from RF 18 to 15-1 on RF 43.  I checked and Schedules Direct has the updated channel info and guide data with a new XMLTV ID for the new channel, but it isn't showing up in the guide data in JRiver.  I manually added 15-1 last night before the nightly guide updates, but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the XMLTV ID - am I missing something?  I'd really prefer not to have to essentially redo my TV setup again each time as the various channels move around as it's kind of painful to go through the various steps each time.  Is there a simple solution I'm missing?  I'm using the MC2XML option in JRiver to load my guide data.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Edit XMLTV ID For Channel?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:36:19 am »

It is definitely editable.  XMLTV ID is now shown in its own column in the list of channels.  The column is in-place editable.  Click twice (slow "double-click") in the cell to start editing.

Alternatively you can manually run EPG loading once.  On the page where you see channel matching, find the new channel, and click "Click here to  configure", and select the correct entry from the drop-down list.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:55:59 am »

Thanks for responding, @Yaobing.

It is definitely editable.  XMLTV ID is now shown in its own column in the list of channels.  The column is in-place editable.  Click twice (slow "double-click") in the cell to start editing.
Ah - I had tried regular double click and single click without any luck.  I just tried slow double click and got it to work.  It looks like it has to be a really slow double click.  I see that the same thing works for most of the other columns in the grid, so this is good to know.  It might be nice to add a note somewhere on the window mentioning this functionality as the slow double click to do it isn't immediately obvious (at least to me...).

Alternatively you can manually run EPG loading once.  On the page where you see channel matching, find the new channel, and click "Click here to  configure", and select the correct entry from the drop-down list.
I actually ended up taking this approach last night after posting my message.  I had initially named the channel slightly differently than what was in the guide feed, so an auto match wouldn't have worked.  After renaming the channel name to exactly match what's in the guide data feed, it automatically matched it when I manually ran the guide update.   For future reference, would the automatic daily guide download have taken care of this after ensuring the channel name was an exact match?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:01:20 am »

For future reference, would the automatic daily guide download have taken care of this after ensuring the channel name was an exact match?

You need to run EPG loading once for new channels to get their XMLTV ID.  Automatic daily download only uses IDs that are already set up.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:02:34 am »

You need to run EPG loading once for new channels to get their XMLTV ID.  Automatic daily download only uses IDs that are already set up.
OK, thanks.  I'll add this info to my notes file so I'll hopefully remember what to do when other channels get remapped. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up