INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New License and mjr file is not working for MC23 please help.  (Read 1258 times)

Dorjee

• Recent member

Upgrade Prices
You can now purchase a license that will work with both MC23 and MC24 at a very good price.  All licenses are MC24 now, but they work with MC23.102 or above.

MC24 will be available in May.

Ok so purchased the new license for MC24.

Downloaded MC23 used the new registration code. I get a message

So I bought the New License:

Downloaded Media Center 23

I tried the new MJR file a few times I keep getting "Your license file is for a different product."

So I tried to enter the License manually a few times which 'seems' to work cause I get a "License for Media Center successfully installed"

When I check my registration info it keeps showing that Media Center 23 is not registered and that I have 30 days left in the trial period.

Please help me out with this or maybe send me a dedicated MC23 license cause the new license is definitely not working with MC23 like its supposed to.

Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: New License and mjr file is not working for MC23 please help.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:05:57 pm »

Note that MC23.0.104 is available now, and includes some licence tweaking, so you should probably update to that. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115105.0.html

But I see that you are already using MC23.0.102, so the mjr file method should work. That is the best way to apply a licence.

Therefore, this will be your problem: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114872.msg794447.html#msg794447

I recommend that you back up your library just in case, uninstall all previous versions of MC, and then download and install MC23.0.104. If there is anything wrong with your library after that, Restore the backup you just made. That might fix the issue without having to go through the steps in the post I linked to above. Otherwise, you will have to fix file associations.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 01:55:30 am »

I uninstalled the older versions
Downloaded the 23.0.104 (64Bit) and installed it.
The mjr file worked after that.

But yeah when i looked at more info it was pointing at the MC22 I had installed at that time.

TY for the help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:18:57 am »

Thanks for confirming that was the problem, and that the uninstall/reinstall fixed it.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up