INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Delete Entire Sub-Folder When Done Viewing A Video File  (Read 951 times)

Stonehenge

• Recent member

Hello all, I'm a new user, and I mean new as in only a couple of hours now.  I have JRiver installed and set up fairly well, for just a basic install at this point.  I imported a folder full of videos, with each video being in it's own sub-folder.

So here's what I'm asking for help with:

I watch a video file, and when finished, I want to delete that file, because I have no intention of watching it again.  I right click on the file, select "Delete", and then select "Remove from media library and permanently delete from disk"

OK, so it does delete the file from my HDD, but here's the problem I'm having.  The folder that contained the video file still remains.  Is there a way that I can configure JRiver to delete the containing folder also, and not just the file itself?

TIA

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How To Delete Entire Sub-Folder When Done Viewing A Video File
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:45:50 am »

It should delete the containing folder if it is empty.
If there are still files in it, whether they are imported or not, Media Center will not delete them.

Stonehenge

• Recent member
Re: How To Delete Entire Sub-Folder When Done Viewing A Video File
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:47:25 am »

Ah, I see.  That would be the issue, then.  The sub-folders all have other, small, info files in them, and so none of them will be able to be deleted using the above method.

I think I found a work-around, and that is to right-click on the video file I just watched, select Location, which brings up Windows Explorer, at which point I can delete the entire sub-folder.

Many thanks for the reply!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up