INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloning the Video Category in Theater View  (Read 1025 times)

logan9778

• Recent member
Cloning the Video Category in Theater View
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:10:17 am »

Hi.  I'm trying out your JRiver Media Center Trial, and I'm trying to add my own category for Movies.  I'll call it Keith's Movies.  I want it under Video in Theater view, and plan to have it view movies that are just for me, instead of my whole family.  I would really like a clone of the Movie category that you have under Videos, as it seems to have items that I can't seem to add to another custom Category.  Grid, Recently Watched, and Wall are a few I can't find anywhere.  Is there some kind of pre-defined template I can use, or can you tell me how to do this?  Also, could you please give a good definition of the difference between Category, Root Library item, Library item, and Standard Library item?  I'm sure there in a wiki somewhere, but I can't find them.

Thanks!

logan9778

• Recent member
Re: Cloning the Video Category in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:32:06 pm »

Hmm, anyone?  What I really want to do is copy the whole Movie item under Video (including the sub items Name, Grid, etc. ) so I can make more Movie items under Videos called Keith's Movies, Mom's Movies, Dad's Movies, Kid's Movies, etc.  The real problem is, I can't find out how to make your Grid and Wall sub items, as they are not in any selection list.  Did you use Expressions and Functions to make these?  And if so, could you write out the code you used?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 06:03:46 pm »

Unfortunately, you cannot clone an existing item without manually re-creating it

None of those default items are special or require an expression to create. Most either define special search conditions (which you can find in "Set rules for file display"), or group over a field, like Genre or Actor.
Grid and Wall are basically flat views that display anything in there, but with their default view types changed. You can re-create that by simply creating empty views, opening them in Theater View once, and changing their view type to the appropriate types from the roller - it'll remember.

Most of the time most people don't use all those sub-views though, so its often easier to just create those one really needs.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

logan9778

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 10:37:55 pm »

Thanks!  I will try this out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up