INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are your DSP Studio settings?  (Read 2460 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
What are your DSP Studio settings?
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:27:42 pm »

Just wondering if anyone is using DSP Studio settings, or maybe sticking to 'bit perfect.' In my living room, I tend to listen to bit-perfect (with an iFi IDAC2, an Adcom GTP-450 preamp, and M-Audio M-38 studio monitors). However, in my office, I have been messing around with settings for a new pair of Neumann KH120 A monitors (another iFi IDAC2 here but no preamp). Here's my latest set of DSP settings for my 10' x 12' office:

Output format: output encoding: ‘none’; two channels stereo
Adaptive volume: ‘Night mode’
Equalizer: ‘Rock’
Effects: ‘Concert Hall’; Virtual subwoofer: ‘none’; Surround field: ‘none’

Have to say that, in my office, I am not trying to fill the house with sound because a) other family members may be home and/asleep (hence playing around the 'night mode') and b) I tend to be in that room late at night (and I have neighbours but it's not an apartment). So I am aiming for fuller sound but not as loud. Incidentally, I have always been a 'bit-perfect purist' but tweaking in the office set-up got the better of me. Anyone else twiddling and tweaking their way to something interesting?

avonir

Re: What are your DSP Studio settings?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:49:48 am »

I do this too and was wondering about it as well. Thanks for posting your setup.

I have a pair of Mackie HR824 MKIIs, a Marantz SR6011 AVR, and I use the HDMI out of my nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 card to bitstream data to the AVR. I have an 11-speaker Dolby Atmos setup, with a mish-mash of speakers for the rears, surrounds and heights.

As for DSP settings, I leave off all output encoding, no adaptive volume, no effects. I do, however (when listening to stereo and not multi-channel material) use a professional VST EQ plug-in: Fabfilter's ProQ 2. Simply the best EQ in the business -- for listening AND creation.

I'm using the DAC in the Marantz -- it's an excellent sounding one, and on the Marantz, I listen in Direct mode which turns off EQ, detected channel levels, etc.

I listened to Rush's "A Farewell To Kings" 96 kHz/24bit stereo mix last night with this setup and it was sublime.

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What are your DSP Studio settings?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:49:16 pm »

I have a pair of Mackie HR824 MKIIs, a Marantz SR6011 AVR, and I use the HDMI out of my nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 card to bitstream data to the AVR. I have an 11-speaker Dolby Atmos setup, with a mish-mash of speakers for the rears, surrounds and heights.

Nice gear!

I listened to Rush's "A Farewell To Kings" 96 kHz/24bit stereo mix last night with this setup and it was sublime.

That's funny..I am listening to Moving Pictures...playing alongside my copy of 'Experiencing Rush: A Listener's Companion' by Durrell Bowman
Pages: [1]   Go Up