INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "My Connected Media"  (Read 1842 times)

BernhardS

• World Citizen
"My Connected Media"
« on: April 14, 2018, 03:31:19 am »

After upgrade (MC 24 64bit) I have an old index tab where I can see the list of all radio stations I added but I can't find "My Connected Media" left in the tree. Is there a new location?

I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Re: "My Connected Media"
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 04:26:01 am »

I previously read this. But the question is: Where can I see a list with all my stations? On the streaming tab I only see the predefined sites and or side-by-side like tiles.
I can send all stations to a playlist but it's outside streaming.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:30:58 am »

atm (not sure if it will change in future) that page shows a predefined list of sites only but the tree view still expands as it did before

is this what you are looking for?

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 04:52:12 am »

No. This view. Here can I tag and above all I can send the stream to arbitrary zones.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 05:05:41 am »

No. This view. Here can I tag and above all I can send the stream to arbitrary zones.
ah ok I see what you mean, that view appears to have been lost along the way. One for the devs to decide whether to reinstate it.

FWIW an alternative is to store those items in your library directly and then construct your own views containing them (which can then also be added to theatre view, jremote, panel and so on).

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 05:19:16 am »

It would be nice. Until then I safety have my playlist and must concentrate not to close my old index-tab.

cFortC

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 04:09:30 pm »

OK, so I've just decided to start my MC24 experience and so installed the recent build alongside my MC23.

Plays OK but about half my use of the application is audio streaming via custom URLs as cataloged in "My Connected Media".

So MC24 dropped out "My Connected Media" and the developers will decide whether to reinstate it?

I've been patiently sending in upgrade fees each cycle to support the developers' ongoing maintenance and improvements to this fabulous media package.

However, if "My Connected Media" (or equivalent functionality) remains missing in action, then I'll be staying back on MC23 for the duration (no more upgrade fees).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 04:34:17 pm »

Everything from "My Connected Media" is now under the top level "Streaming" item.

I'm pretty sure all my custom URLs came across and are working under the new heading.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 05:23:30 pm »

Please see the Streaming thread.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 05:35:22 pm »

"My Connected Media" did not transfer to the new Streaming function.

There is nothing about "My Connected Media" in the Streaming thread.  Do you want comments on this here or there?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 05:42:18 pm »

Wherever you like.  You should be still able to save stations you like.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 05:47:30 pm »

It seems like the old My Connected Media should be carried over to the new version. Is that going to happen or do we have to re-create it by hand? Seems like it should carry over from 23.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 07:40:40 am »

does it show up when you plug it in?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 08:20:07 am »

does it show up when you plug it in?

Not sure what you mean.  What should I "plug in" and where?

In MC23 I had over 30 entries in My Connected Media. I do not see any of them in the new Streaming view.  I can add them all manually, but that is not optimal.

There is an entry called Connected Website - but it does not have the My Connected Media entries. It has a pop up with 1 entry that was not part of My Connected Media and options to play, add or record.

It really seems like Streaming started from scratch and ignored the previous My Connected Media.  Or maybe there is something funny about my My Connected Media. I just wonder what the intended migration path is. If it is manual, I will do that.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 11:35:34 am »

oh my goof...I thought you were talking about a actual playback type unit that you usb to pc and add files....sorry
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

tyler69

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 04:39:55 am »

Everything from "My Connected Media" is now under the top level "Streaming" item.

I'm pretty sure all my custom URLs came across and are working under the new heading.

I can confirm.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 08:27:49 am »

I can confirm.

They did not transfer for me or some of the other posters here. Maybe it depends on what version you have, although it looks like cFortc tried it just a couple of days ago and it did not transfer.

tyler69

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 09:26:15 am »

Sure, I've read

It seems like the old My Connected Media should be carried over to the new version. Is that going to happen or do we have to re-create it by hand? Seems like it should carry over from 23.

and thought I let people know that it actually works for at least some users.

I was on the latest MC23 available and installed the earliest MC24 that was available.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 09:35:01 am »

Thanks. There is clearly something strange going on. 

My entries are all streaming urls or files rather than websites. Not sure if that matters or not.

tyler69

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 09:36:14 am »

I had only one entry maintained in "My connected media" but it was also a URL.

EDIT: but to a website.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 09:53:45 am »

Mine are all specific streaming addresses, not the front end website. So they pretty much all have a port number or a / as part of the address.  Not sure if that matters.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 03:16:28 pm »

For those whose My Connected Media does not transfer or who have streaming urls that do not play in Streaming, here is an option.  This basically creates your own My Connected Media view.

In MC23, tag all the entries in My Connected Media with a unique tag. You can use some existing tag or create your own. I have created a Media Sub Type Audio tag and one of the allowed values is Internet Radio.

Create a new view called Internet Radio, for example, and customize the view to select Internet Radio from your tag. You should see all the entries that are in My Connected Media in that view.  I created that view under Audio, so it is a top level view, on the same level as Streaming.

When you move to MC 24, those entries and the View should all transfer. They may not be visible in Streaming and if they are streaming urls, rather than websites, they will not play in Streaming. But they will be available in your Internet Radio view and will be available to zones and DSPs.

It would be nice to have these incorporated in Streaming, but this is an option until that is done.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 03:31:17 pm »

This is what I've always done as well as defining the same views for theatre view and remotes.

I suppose it would make sense if the streaming web page view automatically incorporated some preset filter (or your own filter) into that page though it's not obvious to me what the benefit of a web page in the MC client is. It seems somewhat out of place (i.e. a page from Panel that landed in MC instead) and the content contained in streaming is different in that most (all?) of that content is not played by MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up