INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing up Client settings and server settings  (Read 1002 times)

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
Backing up Client settings and server settings
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

I suspect like a lot of people I've spent a lot of time configuring my MC clients and server. As I currently see it, in terms of backing up...
Server - very easy simply backup the library and restore. This covers pretty much everything(?)
Clients - since they use the server library there is no obvious way of backing up all the other settings that are not part of the library - i.e. need to be manually set again after connecting to the server library for the first time on a fresh installation.

Also, is there some thorough documentation on what settings are/are not part of the library? As far as I can tell, there is the obvious stuff - i.e. all the media libraries! - but there are other things like Theatre View settings (others?) that are part of the library, so when I connect to the server those settings end up on the client.

Edit: so all is documented here (should have RTFM) https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup

I guess one approach is to switch to local lib on the client, backup and then only restore settings, then switch to the server lib. Will see how this goes! Would be nice if there was an option to backup just the lib/settings/both and to allow settings backup on a client attached to another lib.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Backing up Client settings and server settings
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:03:09 am »

I guess one approach is to switch to local lib on the client, backup and then only restore settings, then switch to the server lib.

Yep. That's the way to do it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up