INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to "Make Files available Offline" in  (Read 949 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
How to "Make Files available Offline" in
« on: June 13, 2003, 10:32:07 am »

Typical senario:
Network Server stores the multimedia files, the library points to a shared location on this computer. A portable computer either uses a cloned library, or uses MC server application to access these files.

Before you take your laptop away with you, it would be nice to be able to select files and say "make avaible offline".

Probably a combination of "send to external" command + some windows tricks could be used to do that. Does anyone know how to do that? Basically, if there is a command line tool to make a network file put in C:\WINNT\Offline Web Pages, we should be done.

Marko

Re: How to "Make Files available Offline"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2003, 01:16:02 am »

How about just using MC's internal "My Computer" tree to browse to the files you want, or set them up in Playing Now, and then use the "copy files" tool to copy them to your laptop. Would that do it for you?

i just tried that across our very simple home network (2 pc's) and it worked fine using UNC paths.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to "Make Files available Offline"
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2003, 09:01:48 am »

Thanks,

I find out even copying to that directory does not work. I think it just works for internet shortcuts. Besides, want to be able to use the media view, not file tree view.

So far, my best solution is use "locate external", go to the directory, right click and select "make available offline". Or alternatively, use explorer for browsing to do that.

What I need is a command line program, that can activate the right hand side context menu "make available offline". That shouldn't be difficult, I just could not find it on the internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up