INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HandHeld file format conversion  (Read 3875 times)

nuvira

• World Citizen
HandHeld file format conversion
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:44:16 pm »

I want to export some music to a Handheld device using the conversion option at Handheld from FLAC to MP3.

I made a folder path to PC to hold converted music files before I copy to iPod later.

But after Handheld sync, MC23 created files as same FLAC without conversion.

Please advise me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: HandHeld file format conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:56:43 pm »

In MC23, only the 32 bit version supports handhelds.

MC24 is on the MC24 board now, in a thread near the top.  It supports handhelds in both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »

Although Handheld Sync to a hard disk location always worked in all versions, regardless of 32 or 64 bit. It was just detection of non-drive based devices that didn't work.

If MC didn't convert, then you didn't have the correct settings.

Did you read the relevant Wiki articles?
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options

Specifically, which version of MC are you using? i.e. The latest: MC23.0.104 or MC24.0.15, or some earlier versions?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:00:58 pm »

I just upgraded to MC24 64 bits but Handheld conversion to PC device didn't work at all.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:20:25 pm »

This is my 'Option' setting at Handheld.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 10:26:04 pm »

You have the Audio Mode set to "Specified output format only when necessary". When you are syncing to a hard disk folder the default file types supported setting is set to "*", so FLAC files are supported and there is no need to convert. So MC doesn't convert to MP3s.

Either change the "Files, Paths, & More > Support Types" to just MP3s, or change the "Conversion > Audio > Mode" to "Specified output format".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 11:15:33 pm »

OK. Great. I only specify MP3 for output format that created all FLAC to MP3 now.
Thanks for your help !  ;D

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 10:36:08 am »

One more question that I could not find answer about copying PC device to iPod manually in wiki document.
I copied whole device directory to iTune that caused duplicated Playlist in iPod.
Should I copy Playlist only to iTune or both Artist folders, database.mpl and Playlist ?
How can I avoid duplicated playlist ?
Please advice me.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 12:37:31 pm »

Stack drive low in space error. where is stack drive setting ? I have 900 GB space on Drive for conversion.
Never mind, I found  a setting at Conversion Cache option. it looks good now.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:38 pm »

How can I avoid duplicated playlist ?
Please advice me.

Sorry, I've never used an iPod so I don't know how to help you.

It isn't a MC issue, so you won't find that advice in the Wiki. There must be advice on the internet somewhere.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 04:37:46 pm »

UTF song titles and file path are all broken at m3u playlist with MC24 when Handheld format conversion done.
It was KOREAN letter.

.\..\???_???\11 ???.mp3
.\..\?\12 ? ?.mp3
.\..\???_???\13 ?? 60? ? ?.mp3
.\..\???_???\14 ?? ?? ? ? ???.mp3
.\..\???_???\15 ?? ??.mp3
.\..\???_???\01 ?? ?.mp3
.\..\?\02 ? ??.mp3
.\..\?\03 ? ?.mp3
.\..\???_???\04 ??.mp3
.\..\???_???\05 ? ? ??.mp3
.\..\???_???\06 ??? ?.mp3
.\..\?\07 ? ?.mp3
.\..\???_???\08 ? ?? ?? ?.mp3
.\..\???_???\09 ?? ??.mp3
.\..\???_???\10 ? ?.mp3

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 01:43:33 pm »

As I tried at 2 different Windows 10 Platform, one is PC desktop and the other is VAIO notebook with both MC24.
PC version of MC24 created correct UTF title and file path in playlist but not with VAIO notebook.
Both Windows "Language" setting is identical, English primary and Korean is next.
Any MC options that may describes UTF character ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 04:49:55 pm »

Google "Windows 10" UTF filename.

i.e. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd317748(v=vs.85).aspx

As it works on your PC, it could be that your VAIO uses an OEM Codepage that isn't compatible, or maybe even the PC drive is formatted in NTFS but the VAIO is formatted in FAT?

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 08:07:56 pm »

All of its Windows 10 language function works fine, such as file system, IN/OUTput with multi-language, display etc.
Only MC24 does it differently in VAIO.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 08:13:29 pm »

Well, that is one for the developers then. Maybe they will comment.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »

Even I reinstall MC24 but result was same. :'(

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 10:44:39 pm »

PC Handheld conversion option in PC is different from VAIO notebook conversion option. "Apply DSP" option is missing in PC version of MC24. Pictures are attached.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 05:05:32 pm »

Hmmmm. It looks like MC24 can have 2 different option at same version.
Can anyone explain what kind of bug/issue I have here ?
I expected prompt response we have only support from this forum.
Please help me out. ::)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 05:42:29 pm »

As I understand, it works on one PC, but not on another.  If that's the case, I couldn't say what the problem could be.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 12:43:52 pm »

PC Handheld conversion option in PC is different from VAIO notebook conversion option. "Apply DSP" option is missing in PC version of MC24. Pictures are attached.

Which computer has the JRiver library. I only get the "Apply DSP" option when syncing a handheld on the computer using a local library. When connected to a remote library, "Apply DSP" is missing. A large PITA for me as I have to use the server to sync my handhelds which is in my garage.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 04:18:07 pm »

Which computer has the JRiver library. I only get the "Apply DSP" option when syncing a handheld on the computer using a local library. When connected to a remote library, "Apply DSP" is missing. A large PITA for me as I have to use the server to sync my handhelds which is in my garage.
Yup. it happens to me. I have to use "local" server to convert with DSP on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up