INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunrise/sunset triggers  (Read 2979 times)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Sunrise/sunset triggers
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:05:51 pm »

Great day all,

Suggestion to Engen: would it be possible (and an interesting idea ?) to have some linked sunrise/sunset triggers available at the time your scheduling stuff like shades, rollers and lighting ?
Guessing MC already knows in which timezone the user is, or even found inside your TV settings -> providing a tickbox option on MC's scheduler rules to have it trigger some stuff.
Sunset = rollers down and lighting on.

Now i need to manually adjust some of my scheduled rules each x weeks.

One more question - sorry - please continue the renaming, or the user ability to change the 'Lighting' tab inside Theater View :-)

Thanks in advance.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sunrise/sunset triggers
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:14:42 am »

Greatday all !

I was wondering what you're thinking aboout this sunset/sunrise trigger ?

ANy feedback or hint onto a work-around for such is appreciated :-)

Cheers !

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:35:46 am »

I reckon that the tech is ahead of a simple hard coded time that accounts for straight forward temporal changes due to the day of the year.

Something like this:
https://aeotec.com/z-wave-sensor
senses
  • Light
  • UV
  • Temperature
  • Humidity
  • Motion
  • Vibration

That way you can address real conditions (e.g. cloud cover) that are not accounted for by a simple time based setting.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:21:13 am »

Thanks Astromo for your hint,

I'll have a look at this multisensor :-)

Cheers.

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »

Great day Astromo and others,

Thanks for your input,

I've got now the Aeon Multisensor inhouse, working and displaying all its inputs and values of it into Engen.
But i can't seem to find a way to have conditionals using one of it's inputs.
PlayPower only offers me the devices and no sensor or such ?

So now i've got luminance from the Multisensor but not yet linked as a command or conditional to the shades :-(

Does anyone knows what or where I'm missing something ?

Thanks for any hint or push into the right direction :-)

Cheers in advance !

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:33:13 am »

Does no one has a clue how to implement conditionals on sensor like the Multisensor ?

I've tried lot's of parameters and options for the Sensor, Engen and PowerPlay, but besides Engen showing the Sensor's values it seems nothing more can be set.

Guessing I'm stuck with this automation project :-(

Is Engen still on the list for further development ?
Would also be great to have conditionals like and and or, something suggest earlier by other users i believe.

Thanks for any hint and help !

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:45:14 am »

Hi Mans,

There are no conditional triggers currently built into Engen. If I understand correctly, Engen development is currently on hold due to low sales or low interest in the product. The current build is stable and works great, so hopefully this will change in the future.

In the meantime, there are a couple of third party solutions that could achieve what you are asking. I have not used these yet, just looking into them as options:.

Domoticz

Home Assistant

Both could potentially work in conjunction with Engen using the Engen command line interface or webserver, or be set up as a stand alone solution.

Hope this helps!

-Phil

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:52 am »

There are no conditional triggers currently built into Engen. If I understand correctly, Engen development is currently on hold due to low sales or low interest in the product. The current build is stable and works great, so hopefully this will change in the future.

Disagree or at the very least, I'm sceptical to agree. Refer here:
PlayPower / Engen Not Honouring Conditional Power Step
Can't comment regarding the capabilities of the Z-Wave Sensor. However, I'd expect it should be able to be made workable given the capability of a power point unit.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 08:10:37 am »

PlayPower in JRiver MC has some conditional trigger functions. But I think those only apply to JRiver media playback.

I may be wrong here. It's definitely within the capability of Z-wave automation, I just don't remember it as part of Engen. My guess is it was right around the corner...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 11:10:38 am »

PlayPower in JRiver MC has some conditional trigger functions. But I think those only apply to JRiver media playback.

I may be wrong here. It's definitely within the capability of Z-wave automation, I just don't remember it as part of Engen. My guess is it was right around the corner...

Now I get your point.

I've not explored the Engen toy box yet. I've started simple. Something tells me lack of time will mean I won't get into the detail in the short term.

Looks like the detail should be in, say, this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,107272.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up