INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with 24.0.25  (Read 1603 times)

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Problems with 24.0.25
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:59:27 pm »

Some recent and old issues.

- Menu's pop open on their own when you swap to and from MC using Cmd Tab.  And if you happen to click anywhere near the Display info area, the Display customization menu will also pop up, leaving two open menus.  This is very annoying, to see the least a big problematic since its very easy to select one of the menu items and no know you are doing it.

- the Display customization menu pops up any time you click in the area - this is not good behavior on a Mac, as it is normal to drag windows around grabbing any empty space in the toolbar/menu/tabs area.  Please make an option so that only Right-Click opens this menu.

- When a menu is open in the Menu bar, the menu does not retire when you click the menu bar.  It just redraws.  Swap out of app, swap into another app, swap back to MC, and the menu is in some goofy location.

- The menus from the Menu bar do not open in the correct location.  Where they open depends on where you click. So getting the correct menu open can take several clicks.

- When you do a long operation, like Update File from Tags, open menus stay open even after you've shifted away from MC.  These get in the way of all other apps.

- MC's window positioning often goes crazy if you drag the title bar, or click the title bar the wrong way.  It can move the window nearly offscreen.

- Dragging a window corner easily and routinely losses the drag, and the window can get crazy small.  You have to go re-drag, very, very carefully and slowly.  Until MC is done refreshing its view, you cannot let go of the drag corner, or it resizes to a tiny window and you have to redo the resize all over again.

- Dialog boxes routinely get lost behind the main window.  This can be maddening, since it seems MC is hung, and you can't even drag the main window.

- Selecting a narrow column's divider in a view's file list to resize the column is nearly impossible, because it is obscured by the tool tip and the cursor doesn't change.

- If you are in Drives & Devices > Compact Disc, and insert a CD, the focus is yanked away from here, to Drives & Devices.  You then have re-expand Drives & Devices, refresh, and often re-update the CD info.  Sometimes focus will be yanked away again.  This can take several tries to get the CD shown with its metadata.

- In the new MC 24 skin, the Link icons next to a Genre, Album, etc. in the file list are well below the text, pointing at the text baseline, instead of being centered.  The text is too high in the row, not centered.

- In the new MC 24 skin, the New Tab click area is only marginally invisible (with the grey skin), and all but invisible with the white or dark skin.  These are terribly hard to find/discover with a 5K retina screen.

- In the new MC 24 skin, the Refresh icon (the circular arrows) is too large for the row it is in - the top curved arrow is clipped.

- The dock goes crazy while MC is doing its Import thing, bouncing for every file it imports, locking up your mac for hours.  This is awful.

- Unicode character was bad, the recent workaround is only slightly better. The whole method is still wrong.  It kills auto-repeat and is only good for some basic characters.

- There still is no command-line launcher / utility for MC on macOS.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with 24.0.16
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »

Are those your findings from 24.0.16?

Please post bugs from this build only after testing.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:54 pm »

Yes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:34:39 pm »

What is the machine?  OS version?

Anything unusual about the configuration?

Monitor?

There are several video related problems in the list.

Try the View Menu, then Size and Retina Mode.

Try changing the font size under Options > Tree & View.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:42:18 pm »

verden

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:21:04 pm »

It is crashing at start on OS 10.7.5 which is the last version I can run on my 1st gen intel MacPro. Is this version supported?

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 12:49:32 pm »

remixray

Re: Problems with 24.0.16 - Music Stuttering
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:15 pm »

Hi

I using a iMac late 2013 27 inch
3.5 GH intel Core i7 - 16gb 1600 MHZ DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Music keeps stuttering and stopping during playback

Any ideas ?

thanks

Ray

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:35:06 pm »

What kind of files?

Try adjusting buffers in Options > Audio.

remixray

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »

Hi

These are audio files
I have changed the buffering ...let's see what happens

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 10:21:10 pm »

Sorry to hijack - I installed 24 on my MacPro, and it duplicated all playlists and songs from the last build of 23.  I uninstalled 24, to no avail.  Any solution, other than waiting (patiently) for an update?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 06:32:37 am »

Backup from MC23, restore in MC24.  I'll move this to a new thread.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems with 24.0.16 - Music Stuttering
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:37 am »

Hi

I using a iMac late 2013 27 inch
3.5 GH intel Core i7 - 16gb 1600 MHZ DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4

Music keeps stuttering and stopping during playback

Any ideas ?

thanks

Ray

I had a similar problem that was driving me crazy... I found that audio was smooth if I created a new user account and logged in there.  While that doesn't get to the heart of the studdering, it told me that it wasn't a JRiver problem.  Ultimately I copied my user files over to the new account and have deleted my old user account (that might not be an option for everybody depending on your setup).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 02:53:53 pm »

It is crashing at start on OS 10.7.5 which is the last version I can run on my 1st gen intel MacPro. Is this version supported?
Try the latest build, 24.0.18

JohnT

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 07:46:28 am »

- Unicode character entry is very bad - the dialog box is a a pretty bad hack.
Build 24.0.18 has a new feature for Latin alphabet diacritical entry.  Long press a letter to choose from various diacritical versions of the letter.  It's a lot more convenient than using the Cmd-K dialog box.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

verden

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 09:46:01 am »

Try the latest build, 24.0.18

It is no longer crashing on OS X 10.7.5

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Re: Problems with 24.0.25
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 12:11:41 pm »

We appreciate the menu fix.  Still many problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up