INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Sierra MC24 Freezes  (Read 1997 times)

RCFlyer

• Recent member
High Sierra MC24 Freezes
« on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:04 pm »

I installed MC24 (up from MC23, up from MC22 and up from MC21 all be it on different Mac OS, never any issue like this) on 2-MAC Book Pros. After restoring my MC23 database. (and yes I did restart MC24 after age restore) MC24 would freeze when I try to play a movie on the actual MAC Book Pro from within MC24. I went to the Media Network and deselected "Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA". Restarted MC24, re-enabled via the wizard and no more freeze ups on either MAC Book Pro! So far so good on using these 2-MBP!

On my iMac, I followed the exact same process that I used for the Mac Book Pros, however not so lucky with this one.

If I play a movie on the iMac within MC24, it will try to run the movie and then it freezes. I have no mouse control, no moving to another space, nothing.

If I leave it alone, it will eventually present me with a new login screen. The machine did not restart or reboot. It's like I was logged out. No luck with getting this to work.

If I use a browser to access MC24 on the same iMac (localhost:52199) I can see all of the movies and PLAY a movie with no issue. If I play a movie via the browser and THEN go to MC24 and play a movie, the movie freezes but the browser movie continues to play. It does not present a new login screen. I never let it run for the duration of the browser movie to see what happens.

On the iMac within MC24 when you try to play the movie, sometimes you get just the initial frame from the movie (no sound) then it will freeze. Sometimes you get 1-5 seconds of movie and sound and then the freeze.
I can play music from MC24 on the iMac with no issues.

I have Parallels VM on the iMac (as does one of the Mac Book Pro) and if I install MC24 on Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 via Parallels VM, MC24 plays just fine within or via a browser.

Never had any issues with MC23 on any of the machines running High Sierra until MC24.
Each of the MACs has it's own library. But the library is the same for all of them. All music and movies are on QNAS Drives. (1-for music and 1-for movies)

My iMac is mostly the main machine that I use for MC. My Mac Book Pro (touch) is the second most used.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: High Sierra MC24 Freezes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:53:20 pm »

What build of MC24 are you using?  24.0.16 is on the Download Page now.

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:11:43 pm »

Thanks I saw that after posting and just tried it on that iMac, same results.
I will look at un-installing and installing a fresh version of .16.
I have BTY tried fresh installs (.15) with and without loading the library into MC24. Same results. Without the library installed, I use finder then open with and selected MC24.
Would you like a log report?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 10:23:19 am »

Thanks I saw that after posting and just tried it on that iMac, same results.
I will look at un-installing and installing a fresh version of .16.
I have BTY tried fresh installs (.15) with and without loading the library into MC24. Same results. Without the library installed, I use finder then open with and selected MC24.
Would you like a log report?
Not yet for the log.
What happens when you play an audio file, open dsp studio and show the spectrum analyzer?

BrownBear

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 03:58:17 am »

This sounds like another case of the issue reported here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112455.0.html

See the forum where this was originally reported has now moved from the main page, so just reposting to not lose scope of the problem which seems to affect more users.

All other applications (including other media players) works fine. Only MC hangs the system due to graphics switching.

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 04:34:50 pm »

I was running MC23 on the iMac using High Sierra with no issues. These issues only started when I upgraded to MC24.
I read that post (thanks) but why would a browser access to MC24 work and not from with in MC24? All other players work fine.
My iMac only has the built in display as does my late 2013 Mac Book Pro. My Mac Book Pro touch has built in and Radeon Pro 460 PCIe card. Both Mac Book Pros work fine (after doing the media network thing) its just the iMac.
All machines are running the latest build.10.13.4
Audio does play fine with spectrum analyzer on which is always my default setting.

I will do the uninstall/re-install and try the different media formats.

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 11:17:28 am »

Completely removed MC24 and re-installed to the point where my master license was gone. So this install was running on the trial running .015.

I did not load my library but added some of the audio and video files to the local drive and had MC24 build a mini library of those files.

Exactly the same results. Audio plays fine video freezes. Tag it via a browser and it plays fine.

Un-installed .15 and installed .16. Same procedure for the library, exactly the same results. Audio plays fine video freezes. Tag it via a browser and it plays fine.

plkx

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 02:40:06 pm »

FWIW -

Videos in MC24.0.16 freeze my MBP, too.
macOS 10.13.2

I haven’t exhaustively searched log files, but all I found around the time of the freezes were messages that a long list of classes are implemented in jrworker and a long list of dylibs, and the specific ones to be used is not defined (I’ve seen this type of message many other times for various applications with no apparent problem).

PK

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 08:31:49 am »

Updated this thread  with Apple support response. Appears NVIDIA card related...

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112455.0.html

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 09:28:56 am »

We'll have a new build out soon with changes to how video rendering is handled. If it still happens, we could use new crash logs.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RCFlyer

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 09:38:15 pm »

Excellent, I installed .18 on that iMac (HS 10.13.4) and so far using the mini library that I created for the testing, the movies are playing  :)

I also tried a couple of movies located on the NAS drives, using Finder open with MC24, the movies are playing.

I will load and try my main library as post the results and also try the Mac Book Pros.

Thanks !!

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 02:55:46 am »

Hi all

Good news and then bad - you will remember my issues and Jim and Hendrik both replied with news about changing the video rendering, well they appeared to have fixed the issue and then overnight the latest security patch installed and the programme started crashing again! So, was ok, now completely broken....
Pages: [1]   Go Up