INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: data migration  (Read 1271 times)

jcris

• Recent member
data migration
« on: April 19, 2018, 12:49:27 pm »

I recently purchased a Mac Mini to use as a music server and have had issues transferring music files from my windows 10 pc to the Mini. I thought I'd be able to export a few files from within Media Center to a flash drive and just load them onto the Mini. I downloaded the most recent version of MC for Mac but don't see a way to import the files. I've used JRiver with my pc for years without issue but can't seem to get the Mac onboard. What am I doing wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: data migration
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:26:07 pm »

Copy the files from the flash drive to the computer first, then import them.  Import settings are under the Tools Menu.

jcris

• Recent member
Re: data migration
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 08:08:23 am »

Hello,
I recently added a Mac to my system to function as a music server and have had some growing pains. Going from Windows to OSX has been a bit frustrating. During this I've been using this forum to ask questions and get answers. Along the way this has led me to fault the software provided here.  In fact the problem is not the software but my use of it.  To that end, going forward I will redouble my efforts to more fully understand and use Media Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up