INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Update Tags (from Library)" fails for Video files, does not fail for Audio  (Read 1016 times)

Randallsg

• Recent member

Upgraded MC23 to MC24 on OS X.  I recently imported a large collection of MP4 (x264/x265) movie files to MC24. 

After cleaning a number of the tags, I noted that updates to the metadata for the files in MC24 were not making their way to my Plex Server, and were not updated when viewed with other Tag editors. 

I ran the Library function "Update Tags (from Library), and received the response that "n Files Updated (n Failures)", where n is however many files I attempted to update.

I see that there were similar issues with MC23. My settings for "Importing & Tagging" are to "Update tags when file info changes", "Save in Sidecar if internal tagging is not supported", and to create sidecar file for all media types.  Tagging is supported for MP4 files, there are not sidecar files associated with these movies.

Please advise.

Edited: general wordsmithing and punctuation

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are the files or the folder read only?

Randallsg

• Recent member

Are the files or the folder read only?

No, the UserID I am under has both read and write privileges.  I am logged on as the administrator.

Also, similar to the audio files, the video files are on a local drive, so access would not seem to be the issue

Randallsg

• Recent member

I have reset and walked through the log files several times.  Although lengthy, I do not see any entries which relate to Updates of the Video tags.

Happy to post if helpful.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have reset and walked through the log files several times.  Although lengthy, I do not see any entries which relate to Updates of the Video tags.

Happy to post if helpful.
Are you on the current build (24.0.19 or 24.0.20)?
What filesystem type is the drive you are using (APFS, MacOS extended, Fat, ExFat)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up