INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld not syncing correctly - Stop every 5 minutes MC23 MC24  (Read 2099 times)

altsouza

• World Citizen

Hello,

I am trying to sync to a folder in the same computer. I created a new folder and use it to create a Handheld. A relativily easy task.
The options are:
- Convert - specified format
- Mp3
- DSP on - volume level

But in the process the Sync stops every about 5 minutes, and do not sync all the files.

It took about one week (I started the sync buttom about 30 times) to sync all 7000 files, so  more files are copied , and after all this, all files are copied. But this a PITA
Sometimes the handheld icon disapear, and went back again!!

I tried it in two computers using MC 23 and MC24 (64bit)

Thats strange, as this is a simple sync option (no fancy or old handhelds used, only a handheld folder in the same computer)

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Antonio
Nuc > Cambridge Audio Cxn Streamer > Cambridge 851e Pré
Parasound A21 Amp > Nordost Cable > Kef R300 Speaker
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

altsouza

• World Citizen
Re: Handheld not syncing correctly - Stop every 5 minutes MC23 MC24
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 07:20:30 am »

Hello,
No replies!!!
Any help is welcome!!
Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:59:08 am »

Are you sure it's stopping?  Maybe the interface is just frozen because it's busy.  Try waiting.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:08:01 am »

Are you sure it's stopping?  Maybe the interface is just frozen because it's busy.  Try waiting.
It stops!!  The progress bar shows 100% , but only few files synced.
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:28:06 am »

Just trying this out and it seems to be working well. I am dragging files from my NAS drive, converting them and outputting to a test folder on my external usb drive using the sync method. So far no hitches has done 5% of 678GB of flac files so far and tells me I have 15.8 hours remaining.
Just a thought, but you have set your computer to not enter sleep mode. If its nodding off after a period of computer inaction it might explain the problems you are having.
EDIT;
OK it has now done 6% with no problems. Are you using a usb hard drive to hold your output folder. Sync is designed for usb connection and output, might get upset if its going through the wrong channels.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »

Hi swiv3d,
I am using a folder in my internal hdd to ouput the files.
I created a handheld using this folder.
I will try with a external hdd!!
Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

swiv3d

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 12:18:51 pm »

Hope that works for you, mine is chugging away with no problems. Let me know how it goes.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 05:26:12 pm »

Hi,
It got better, but still has problems.
It synced 25% of the files and stopped.
I noticed two things:
When I re-started the process, It said that never synced, but synced 2000 files.
The progress bar was 100% when stopped, but synced 25% only.
I re started and let's see.
Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

swiv3d

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 06:01:28 pm »

Why not create a Library of your flac files converted to mp3 which can be in a separate folder to your main library files. Then use that library to sync with the handheld folder. Sounds like your system is having problems with conversion whilst keeping up with all of its other jobs. Is your cpu maxxing out? Being able to sync without converting would then help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04:39 pm »

Exactly which version of MC are you using?

i.e. MC24.0.20?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 05:48:35 am »

Hello,
In the second round it synced 40% of the files, much better.
I keep a separate lib with mp3 files, but sometimes I re synced everything, when there are many new songs.
I am using Mc24.0.19.
When I am going to re start the process, there are still the message, "never synced".
Anyway, using Usb drive improved very much. Now I will sync all th 8000 files in  3 or 4 runs.
Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

swiv3d

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 05:50:39 am »

Upgrade to version 24.0.20 and see if the process improves.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 06:01:58 am »

Ok, I will re do it in two different computers using the 24.0.20 version.
I will let you know later this weekend.
Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

swiv3d

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 12:08:07 pm »

Just ran some test syncs:
main machine to usb 2 connected sony walkman. - works fine
gigabyte brix (with a woeful processor speed) to test folder on usb drive took 11 minutes to sync 1.9 gb  of files with forced conversion to mp3. - works fine
I am using 24.0.20 so I would assume that you should be able to do your syncs after updating to 24.0.,20, unless there is some other problem with your set up.

swiv3d

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 05:15:18 pm »

On further investigation I have found that although the sync goes throiugh fine, there is a problem in that the stacks set up by the sync process are not 100% successful and this will lead to some spurious files in your library which are mp3 duplications of files which where not stacked properly. I have opened a new thread about this and perhaps Matt or one of the other high flyers can sort it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 06:26:30 pm »

If you are syncing to a hard drive location the target directory really should not be in the path that MC Auto Import watches. So the synced files shouldn't get imported, and you don't have to worry about Stacks at all.

At least that is the way I do it, to keep separation between the main media files and files used on a handheld. You don't save disk space by having the converted files imported, and if you are trying to save conversion time for future syncs, MC uses a Conversion Cache anyway, at least for recent conversions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2018, 08:23:48 pm »

Hi Roderick

The problem is that the old stack issue is back again. not an issue about hard drives being watched by JRiver just a problem that JRiver isn't stacking correctly all of the time. Why stack 4,950 filles properly and then give up on the other 50 or so.

Have a nice day
Swiv3D

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 08:42:21 pm »

Well, that is true. It could be to do with the sequence of operations. MC tries to stack some files before they exist, are released by Windows (file lock off), or something. There is a similar thing going on with CARNAC at the moment. I have seen some file locking issues which seem to just be a timing issue on new recordings as well. Then there is EPG updates crashing. All could be MC, or maybe a recent Windows update has changed something that is interfering with MC functions.

My suggestion was just how to avoid the problem altogether. Mainly because I don't think importing and stacking converted media is a good idea. But I can understand why some people do it.

Anyway, I agree it is better to have the problem fixed than avoid it. Carry on.

swiv3d

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »

Thanks Roderick,
I was just testing to help someone and did a very time consuming sync to my sony and found that the sync worked fine until I delved a little deeper and discovered a number of unstacked files in my Library. This is a little problem in the life of MC but many people do use JRiver for syncing their files and this might be a problem for them. Personally I select the files I want and then do the the conversions and transfers without bothering with sync.
Isn't life wonderful.
Swiv3d

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2018, 07:40:37 am »

Hello,

I upgraded to 24.0.25 version, and still has problems. I tried to sync, but stops. It needed 5 passes to sync all.

Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)
Pages: [1]   Go Up