INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skinning Idea  (Read 1076 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Skinning Idea
« on: April 22, 2018, 06:54:00 pm »

I do my standard view JRiver-ing in a room that's super bright during the day but way dark at night.  I find myself constantly switching between 'Modern Cards' Dark & Light because I just can't read the former during the bright daytime hours.

How about a two skin setup option with pre-set hours to automatically switch?  Win10 & IOs11 has these "night shift" options?  Just a thought...

Thanks for Radio Paradise!!!!

Glenn

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Skinning Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 05:51:39 pm »

Or, if not... how about the ability to add specific streaming stations to the toolbar?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:57:32 pm »

You might want to check out the modification I made to the Modern Cards Dark skin today. I set about improving contrast explicitly to make the Dark skin more usable during the day:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115588.msg798874.html#msg798874
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »

You might want to check out the modification I made to the Modern Cards Dark skin today. I set about improving contrast explicitly to make the Dark skin more usable during the day:

looks great glynor....can I get the green code you use. I ask because I have customized my upper display and its blue, I would like to have it match the green used by the Dark Skin....thanks in advance

EDIT: or better yet a way to make the Music Notes orange.... :)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 07:08:39 pm »

I have no idea what green you're talking about. However, the skin contains all of the assets and the "code" (such as it is) is in the main.xml file in the package.

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 08:05:40 pm »

but I can't figure out how to change the assets...The Music Notes to the left are green, I wanted to match that green. Now I prefer the orange, same as the volume line...thanks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 12:09:10 am »

The file that contains the icons for the Views is here: [MC program path]\Data\Default Art\SmallIcons.png

But that isn't part of the skin, and changing that is troublesome as updates to MC will overwrite the changes. Long ago you could make a Custom Art folder and apply the changes there, but I think that doesn't work anymore for SmallIcons.png (though I could be wrong on this).

In any case, the ones shown in my screenshots are stock, and not part of the skin at all.

You may not realize that each View in the Tree can have its own icon, and that these are also useful for sorting and organizing the Views in the Tree. Select any of your Views in the Tree and right-click on it and choose Customize View. Within the View's Settings Panel (on the right), you'll find: Tree > Image. You can choose from a variety of icons for each view individually. Note that these icons also sort together in the Tree and have a pre-defined sort order.

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:36:01 am »

The file that contains the icons for the Views is here: [MC program path]\Data\Default Art\SmallIcons.png

But that isn't part of the skin, and changing that is troublesome as updates to MC will overwrite the changes. Long ago you could make a Custom Art folder and apply the changes there, but I think that doesn't work anymore for SmallIcons.png (though I could be wrong on this).

In any case, the ones shown in my screenshots are stock, and not part of the skin at all.

You may not realize that each View in the Tree can have its own icon, and that these are also useful for sorting and organizing the Views in the Tree. Select any of your Views in the Tree and right-click on it and choose Customize View. Within the View's Settings Panel (on the right), you'll find: Tree > Image. You can choose from a variety of icons for each view individually. Note that these icons also sort together in the Tree and have a pre-defined sort order.
Im not seeing any options, when I click or choose nothing happens (no options to change any icons) of that....oh well thanks  w7 x64 MC24.0.15 x64

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 04:09:30 pm »

It's right there in your screenshot. I circled it for you:

Pages: [1]   Go Up