INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying files to Playing Now  (Read 508 times)

Don Winter

• Recent member
Copying files to Playing Now
« on: April 23, 2018, 06:35:11 pm »

In MC23, I was able to copy files from any Windows Folder into the Playing Now window, ready to Play. In MC24, I don't seem to be able to do this (I get a Stop Sign icon on trying). Has this capability been removed, and if so, why? I found it very useful.

Also useful was being able to "add to Playing Now" from within a Windows Folder, which I once was able to do. Could this be restored, please?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Coppying files to Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 06:47:11 pm »

Do you have "Options > General > Shell Options > Enable shell integration" turned on?

If not, turn it on.

If so, turn it off, OK out of the Options, then go back in and turn it back on. Working now? If not, try the same turn off/turn on process, but reboot your PC in between.

An easy way to tell if MC Windows Shell Integration is working is to right click on an audio file in Windows Explorer and see if the MC functions are available. Although even if they are, some changes in the functionality have required it to be turned off and on again for some people after a major upgrade.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Don Winter

• Recent member
Re: Copying files to Playing Now
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 08:10:10 pm »

Thanks. This added a set of "Media Center" drop-down functions, including Add to Playing Now, but didn't enable the drag-and-drop "Copy" functionality that was previously available.

However, with "Add to Playing Now", I probably don't need the drag-and-drop.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copying files to Playing Now
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 11:40:31 pm »

No worries.

There was a little discussion about drag and drop a while back I think. If you did want to get it working again, you might try searching the forum for "drag", "drag and drop", "drag & drop", and "drag n drop". This could find something.

I think there was an issue with Windows 10 updates, and the Windows 10 menu problem. Or similar.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up