INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.197 beta  (Read 13101 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.197 beta
« on: June 11, 2003, 01:55:37 pm »

Please read VERY carefully.

This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):

Backup your library before installing

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91197.exe

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.

History
1. Fixed: JPEG importing wasn't always filling the date from the EXIF date. (use "Library Tools->Update Library (from tags -- always)" to have MC reanalyze your JPEGs)
2. Changed: Customize toolbar now adds new items under selected item.
3. Fixed: Reset button in customize toolbar window did not reload new toolbar.
4. Fixed: Player window was not releasing mouse capture after a button was pressed.
5. Fixed: Menu would auto-select items right after displaying itself.
6. Fixed: WMA plug-in used name Media Jukebox in its error messages.

Marty3d

Re: Media Center 9.1.197 beta
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 02:00:52 pm »

Wow! they're coming fast! I was just reporting to .196 and it got locked before posting :)

Small one (haven't tried it with this build, but it isn't reported as fixed):
When you sort Playing now with another order than 'seq', playing next file will revert the sorting to 'seq' again (9.0.x didn't change it until you changed to another view and back, which was annoying enough, personally I think PLaying now should be as sticky as all other views!)

Cheers and thanks for bringing us back to the awesome task of beta testing again! 9.1 rocks bigtime!

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 02:11:28 pm »

More, More, More ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 02:19:25 pm »

The new version fixes the problem with images and EXIF tags which is great. The library tree works fine now. I can browse by month and day which is excellent.

I also tried the new beta interface and unfortunately it doesn't work properly with images at the moment. When you click on a year in the year list, the month and day lists get filtered correctly. When you then click on a month (which is shown as a number BTW) the day list goes blank.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 02:42:16 pm »

Thanks for changing the toolbar...much easier.
I noticed the same thing with the new beta interface as Phil but wasn't sure if you wanted any bugs reporting yet.  I found a couple of things but guessed they would probably get ironed out in the development proces

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 02:48:05 pm »

Figured out why me view schemes from 180 are not appearing. Keyword folder= is missing. Why?

Do we now have to use a checkbox to select this?

Please return folder= to the line up. It is essential for my view schemes, all of them.

Omni

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 03:06:07 pm »

Figured out why me view schemes from 180 are not appearing. Keyword folder= is missing. Why?

It's a calculated field now.  The new name is [Filename (path)]=, though I think I saw a post somewhere saying that they were going to bring back the original in a near future release.

Omni

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 03:08:23 pm »

I also tried the new beta interface and unfortunately it doesn't work properly with images at the moment. When you click on a year in the year list, the month and day lists get filtered correctly. When you then click on a month (which is shown as a number BTW) the day list goes blank.

Wow, that has to be the fastest bug fix ever. I report it then 16 minutes later you post an updated version of the beta GUI that solves the problem I was having with image flitering. Superb ;D

Omni

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 03:09:56 pm »

Bug (?) with empty search window still seems to be present.  (refer to this thread)

Omni

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 03:20:49 pm »

I think the track playing now pane at the top middle should show the artist as well as the track and album name.

Omni

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 03:29:08 pm »

I think the track playing now pane at the top middle should show the artist as well as the track and album name.

I'm just hoping that eventually they'll make it customizable like is was in 9.0 and before.

Omni

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 03:51:47 pm »

This one's difficult to describe.... but it's been there for at least the last few builds.

I'm doing a lot of album art input right now. Here's what I notice:

Early in my session, I wind up adding album art to a single song, that had no album art before. I move along through my collection, and add art to a collection of songs. After art has finished updating, instead of displaying <inside file> in the window, it shows that tag from the single song mentioned earlier. For the remainder of the session (and sometimes between sessions) that same original album art will display in the window whenever a song is selected that has no art.

Make any sense?  

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 03:58:57 pm »

I see now that smartlist & view rules have been separated from the search box...:D. A way to freeze or lock the "rule" box would still be handy...to keep accidental mods from happening. A way to customize placement of that search box would also be handy. I'd like to move it to the top or bottom toolbar.

bug (probably mentioned)...

Search box text (and the record filtering that occurs) disappears when switchin from ML to PN and back again.

10-27

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 04:06:13 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or is just cos I am using the experimental MJ.exe In the last build an icon was introduced into the Playing Now display at the top which you could clik on and get the DSP Studio.  This was fantastically useful but is now not there.  If it is just cos I am using the experimental UI then don't worry as I know it will be in once that has become the norm (if it does).  If not please could this be added back in again

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

MachineHead

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 04:25:11 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug or is just cos I am using the experimental MJ.exe

These two are different, why reply here when it isn't even the same version? It's there anyway.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2003, 04:30:34 pm »

They are not different versions.  When I click about my version is the same as here 9.1.197.  The only file that differs is media jukebox.exe with the new media library.  That is why I wanted to check as I have no other way to do so without uninstalling and reinstalling...

Adam

MachineHead

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2003, 04:35:32 pm »

They are different. One is experimental. And has its own thread.

LisaRCT

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2003, 05:35:38 pm »

Crashing on Import of Image files . . .
Attempting to import my image files, tried:
File / Library / Import, selected the "My Pictures" folder, about 550 files into the import freeze-up!
One attempt I left it go for quite some time with no change.  Cancelling causes crashing (as in closed without any error message).
Going to the playlist/library pane, navigating to My Computer and to my photos directories within MC9 and MC crashes reading the folders . . . .
Changed to 'single folder, no data files' and managed to get some of the smaller ones to display and even import.  But as soon as I got to a larger folder another MC9 freeze/crash.

BTW: even during the freeze-ups of MC9, the music never stopped (until the crash anyway)  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2003, 05:43:05 pm »

Try importing a few at a time (1/2, then the other 1/2, for example) to see if you can find a file that MC won't import.

LisaRCT

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 06:20:23 pm »

I can get as far as locating the folder . . . can't get into it from within MC9.
All the files in that folder look fine in Windows or in ThumbsPlus.

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2003, 07:50:57 pm »

**Bug**

Don't know what changed - but after I installed .197, I lost internet connectivity.  

I had installed it on my 2 PCs at the same time.  Rebooted, no internet.  Thinking my DSL had died, I sat on hold for a bit, then thought. Hmmm, what changed.  So I uninstalled MC9 on one machine, and *bingo*, I was back on line again, but only on that machine.

Oh, man I wish I'd saved .196.  I can't stand to go back to 9.0  ;)

Adam

221bBS

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2003, 07:58:52 pm »

Oh, man I wish I'd saved .196.  I can't stand to go back to 9.0

You can still download .196...use this link

http://ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91196.exe

Or wait til tomarrow for .198 ;D

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2003, 08:38:56 pm »

OK, well, never mind.  Something weird happened.  Must have been pure dumb luck.  

I reinstalled it a 2nd time and it started to work fine.  I did get a strange message though, when I launched Media Server, MC9 wanted to download the LAME encoder.  I went ahead and did it, but I can't figure out why it needed it for Media Server.  I've had it installed all this time, but the uninstall must have removed it.

Whatever..I'm a happy camper again...just thought I'd report it. If no one else gets this problem, just chaulk it up to one of Adam's personal issues.  :D

Adam(s)

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2003, 03:16:54 am »

AND another BIG problem - Any form of access to the Playing Now screen results in MC crashing
*********** RESOLVED BY UN-INSTALLING MPi PLUG-IN *************
Thankyou Nikolay - now we're really Rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mouse scrolling is not working
************* RESOLVED BY VERSION 9.1.197 *****************
Well, partly - vertical scrolling on my mouse(roller-ball type) works vertically only.
Should it scroll horizontally as well ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 9.1.197 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 5 MB
Resource Info: System - 30 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 30 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

fuega

• Recent member
  • Stop showing me that
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2003, 04:27:56 am »

Hello, all
Listening to: 'Black Peter' from 'Steppin' Out with the Grateful' by 'The Grateful Dead' on Media Center 9.1

Just noticing that my smartlist by decade has erroneous inclusions...for instance
by decade 70's has inclusions from the '90's.

Thought I'd mention it.
I love this program! I actually PAID for it!

peace and groove

machiner

===>>addendum<<===
my music is skipping now, also. I am sure this will be worked out.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2003, 08:21:42 am »

What would be really cool about the new Player Window is if we could customize the display using any of the database fields as a template.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2003, 08:29:25 am »

So now that you guys are doing all of your own drawing... does this mean that thumbnail selection bug I was hounding you about before can be fixed? Or are we still screwed on that part?

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2003, 08:29:28 am »

Bug Report:

The open MC9 window on 197beta (maximized or now) prevents the normal "autohiding" WinXP taskbar from popping up normally when the mouse is taken to the edge of the screen

Thanks,
BarryT

PS- This is WinXP home edition

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2003, 08:32:59 am »

What happened to all of the mini-me skins? They're not showing up in Skin Manager.

I was actually going to mention that I noticed that minimizing MC from mini-me didn't get rid of the taskbar button the way it does if you minimize from mega-me, but now I can't even test to see if that's still true. :P

NoCodeUK

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2003, 12:42:21 pm »

Just found a hidden MJ Icon and title bar!!  Bet you guys thought you'd got them all!!  If for any reason MC can't finsh copying files and needs to restart windows when it reboots the title bar of the end of the insall come ups saying Finalizing Media Jukebox Installation and the task bar button has the old brown jukebox icon!!

Adam

bthall

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2003, 01:25:20 pm »

BUG:

Version 9.1.197 (and prior):

If the Properties Window (lower left 1/6) is open and "anchored" in the aforementioned position, it seems to work okay. IF it is "set free" with the middle icon in the lower R side of its window, it intermittently disappears, doesn't refresh properly, and all sorts of other things if one "exercises" the properties functions for both individual tracks and for albums.

BarryT

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2003, 01:35:53 pm »

If I add a custom field (whatever type), The values I put in there are not saved (I turned on the selection "store in tags when possible")

Media Center Registered 9.1.197 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2604 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 178 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2003, 01:45:15 pm »

- When starting TV via hairstyle, the channels listed there are not the ones that are played when you push enter on one of them. via Playing now it works.

- It would be nice if you go to the TV section in hairstyle, that we have the option to record TV or start time shifting direct from the TV menu without having to navigate all the way to display options

- in hairstyle, would it be possible to alsno navigate thru playlists i.s.o. just playing them ?

- Can't there be a button to push in hairstyle to play a selected item (e.g. 1980's) without having to start selection first ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up