INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Following security update to high sierra JRiver crashes  (Read 1028 times)

David593

• Recent member
Following security update to high sierra JRiver crashes
« on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:27 am »

Hi

Linked to previous problems. Upgraded to High Sierra and everything worked. Overnight a patch installed without asking and now its broken again. Crash report not all attached as exceeds the allowed characters. How can I send the report to you?

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Following security update to high sierra JRiver crashes
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 03:59:58 am »

What are the steps to reproduce?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 04:48:16 am »

Please attach the full report as a text file attachment, the important parts are unfortunately not included.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BrownBear

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:42:38 am »

Attached are two crash reports.
The earlier report happened when trying to play a movie with machine set to use the dedicated Nvidia graphics. App crashes immediately.
Second report occurred when setting the machine to dynamic graphics switching. In this case the move starts plying for ±3s before hanging for a while and eventually logging me out.
As mentioned before, setting the machine to internal graphics only does not cause an issue.

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:47:38 am »

Hi Henkrik

I have attached the crash report.

The steps are. Connect to an external TV via HDMI, try to play a video file, crash instantly with a crash report.

Note this follows an attempt to upgrade to High Sierra following previous issues after trying to Upgrade to HS in November with graphics card switching. After updating to High Sierra last night I connected to an external TV and tried to play a few videos that had crashed under High Sierra and JR22 or 23. When I first tried the videos worked perfectly with sound and vision and no problems. THEN I went to bed and the machine did a security update (24th April ish one). When I tried playing the SAME files this morning I got instant crashes as per the log. I have no idea why it worked last night but obviously suppose that whatever change you have made initially worked and then was ***** up by whatever was put in the security update to High Sierra....

Crash reports highlight the same issue around the GeForce driver which crashes out.

Hope this helps.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 10:04:27 am »

At least all of the crashes point to the exact same combination of events. I'll do some changes for the next build that should hopefully resolve this with the new security update as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 10:08:22 am »

Hi Hendrik

That’s what I thought now I have had time to look at them in omre detail! Thanks for the update and at least you guys can get a handle on it now  :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 01:33:09 pm »

24.0.20 is up with the changes Hendrik made.

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 08:00:48 am »

Thanks, I will try this as soon as I am at home and connected up. I will feedback as soon as I know!

David593

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 10:02:05 am »

Hi Hendrik, Bob and Jim

Just to let you know that I have tried a number of films and series and they play without any problems, both on the pc and through hdmi. Fantastic!

Thank you for working with Apple originally and with the crash reports to tweak the video display to prevent driver failure.

In the months since the issue raised its head I have examined alternative players as I worried JRiver wouldn’t work for my Mac, but there is no alternative out there that offers file management for extensive - 5TB libraries of films and Tv and 1TB music collections. Not with seamless high quality judder free video without artefacts and bit perfect high quality music reproduction for a separates music system.

Thank you again for sorting this out.  ;D

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 10:16:27 am »

Thanks for the report back David!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 07:26:53 pm »

Good to hear that it seems to be working now, hopefully for good!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up