INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 24.0.19 (64 bit) post update problem  (Read 952 times)

sandrei

• Recent member
MC 24.0.19 (64 bit) post update problem
« on: April 28, 2018, 07:12:22 pm »

After installing the latest MC update, version 24.0.19 (64 bit),  I noticed some very strange behavior: songs of an album are not played in sequence anymore, I need to click "next" after each song. Did not touch any setting since the previous update, and did not touched any setting since updating from version 23. This thing never happened since MC 20, and I never had to touch any setting.
Can anyone please tell me what is wrong or do I need to make some special settings after the update?
I have tried to reverse to an older version where everything was fine but even though I have selected in the "Help / Update Channels" section "Downloads to keep/ Last 5" in the selected download folder there is  nothing, no MC 24 version was saved there. I have looked on the website to find an older MC 24 version to download and I have difficulty to find one. Can anyone help me to find an older version to download? And what shall I do to make MC 24 to actually save the downloads in the selected folder?
I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 24.0.19 (64 bit) post update problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:07:48 pm »

How are you playing?  Please describe the steps.

mookie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:29 pm »

Can't use MC after the upgrade. I am experiencing issues with this update as well. The names of all tracks played are erased or rewritten to current track playing, in the case of, internet streams.  My render is a mini pc with Windows 10 OS. The server is on a linux machine (Debian Stretch) running the latest version of Media center 23. The path Tools -> Options or CTRL+O is inoperable

sandrei

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:42 am »

I am experiencing issues with this update as well. The names of all tracks played are erased. can't use MC after the upgrade.

I am playing from library, which is on my hard drive, to a renderer (Sony STR-ND1070 Receiver) through DLNA, over the LAN of course, which is cable connected.
Up to this update I was playing an album selecting the first song, and the rest were played in order up to the end of the album, when the play was stopping. Now after each song I need to hit next either on MC or on my renderer to advance to the next song of the album, in other words the play is stopping after each song.
Never had this issue before, since version 20 when I started to use MC.
By the way, somehow I found on your website the previous version I had installed, 24.0.14 (64 bit) and reverted to that version, and the things got back to normal like before.
It is only my guess but maybe it is something not quite in order in version 24.0.19, what do you think?

And what am I doing wrong in version 24 because no version was automatically saved in the designated folder automatically, I had to save manually my download there. And I am pretty sure I installed at least 3 versions of MC 24. To be honest I did not touch any setting ever since upgrading from version 23, because it was not necessary... up to now as you saw above. I always save previous 5 versions in case I do not like what is happening after an update.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 11:30:30 am »

I am playing from library, which is on my hard drive, to a renderer (Sony STR-ND1070 Receiver) through DLNA, over the LAN of course, which is cable connected.
Up to this update I was playing an album selecting the first song, and the rest were played in order up to the end of the album, when the play was stopping. Now after each song I need to hit next either on MC or on my renderer to advance to the next song of the album, in other words the play is stopping after each song.
Never had this issue before, since version 20 when I started to use MC.
By the way, somehow I found on your website the previous version I had installed, 24.0.14 (64 bit) and reverted to that version, and the things got back to normal like before.
It is only my guess but maybe it is something not quite in order in version 24.0.19, what do you think?

And what am I doing wrong in version 24 because no version was automatically saved in the designated folder automatically, I had to save manually my download there. And I am pretty sure I installed at least 3 versions of MC 24. To be honest I did not touch any setting ever since upgrading from version 23, because it was not necessary... up to now as you saw above. I always save previous 5 versions in case I do not like what is happening after an update.
What file type?
How are you playing the album? RIght-click and send-to or by selecting the album and hitting play while the renderer is highlighted in the tree or via a playlist?
How about the repeat button (at the right end of the track progress bar)? How is that set?
How about DLNA controller options for the renderer (right click on the renderer zone)?

sandrei

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 05:08:24 pm »

What file type?
How are you playing the album? RIght-click and send-to or by selecting the album and hitting play while the renderer is highlighted in the tree or via a playlist?
How about the repeat button (at the right end of the track progress bar)? How is that set?
How about DLNA controller options for the renderer (right click on the renderer zone)?

I mostly use FLAC and WAV (PCM) files. As a matter of fact I have an album in both FLAC and WAV formats and I tried to see if there is any difference, the behavior is the same. I tried different albums and same, it stopped after each song.
I am playing by selecting the renderer name from the Playing Now tree on the left, than select from the library the artist/album/song I want. I always did it this way.
In DLNA Controller options only  "Disable SetNext Support (for broken renderers)" is selected. What I am telling you now are the settings from version 24.0.14, because as I said above I reverted back to that version. When I had version 24.0.19 I do not know.
Well, I am not sure what "for broken renderers" means for you, but my renderer is not broken, it has its limitations, which now I think I know them, but definitely is not broken. My renderer paired with MC sound together pretty awesome, I would say way better than much more expensive systems I have seen and heard. To be honest I never touched these settings, and to be even more honest I do not know what exactly they mean and what they do.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 09:29:22 am »

I mostly use FLAC and WAV (PCM) files. As a matter of fact I have an album in both FLAC and WAV formats and I tried to see if there is any difference, the behavior is the same. I tried different albums and same, it stopped after each song.
I am playing by selecting the renderer name from the Playing Now tree on the left, than select from the library the artist/album/song I want. I always did it this way.
In DLNA Controller options only  "Disable SetNext Support (for broken renderers)" is selected. What I am telling you now are the settings from version 24.0.14, because as I said above I reverted back to that version. When I had version 24.0.19 I do not know.
Well, I am not sure what "for broken renderers" means for you, but my renderer is not broken, it has its limitations, which now I think I know them, but definitely is not broken. My renderer paired with MC sound together pretty awesome, I would say way better than much more expensive systems I have seen and heard. To be honest I never touched these settings, and to be even more honest I do not know what exactly they mean and what they do.
Thanks for the reply.

The "for broken renderers" description is a bit of a misnomer.
It used to be manually set but has switched to being automatically set if the device doesn't support the optional function "SetNextAVTransport" or has a broken implementation.
SetNextAVTransport allows gapless play. Most devices don't support that call and some that do don't do it properly.

I don't have your particular device but I tried with a Sony TV and Media Server and haven't been able to reproduce the behavior yet.

sandrei

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 02:38:28 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

The "for broken renderers" description is a bit of a misnomer.
It used to be manually set but has switched to being automatically set if the device doesn't support the optional function "SetNextAVTransport" or has a broken implementation.
SetNextAVTransport allows gapless play. Most devices don't support that call and some that do don't do it properly.

I don't have your particular device but I tried with a Sony TV and Media Server and haven't been able to reproduce the behavior yet.

Wow thanks, you just improved my listening experience with the "SetNextAVTransport" function explanation. I deselected "Disable SetNext...." option and now  play is almost gapless. I say almost, before it was about one second between songs before , now is just a fraction, you can barely feel it, much better. I was and I am even more convinced that this is only because of my renderer capabilities. Really thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up