INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming to idpi?  (Read 1510 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
Streaming to idpi?
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:40:35 pm »

I wondered if it were possible if the idpi were set up as a renderer and a windows mc as server, could streaming be played to the renderer and thus to hifi?

I had a try with different settings without success, but is it that I did it wrong or is it just not possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming to idpi?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »

No, that won't work.  I think we may be able to get it to work in the future.

Right now, you could set up a couple of stations as playlists on the Id but it's convoluted.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 05:08:09 pm »

OK, Jim, thanks.

I will try to be patient and wait for streaming of RP on my pi.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:54:02 am »

I updated my 3B IdPi to:
 Id:24.0.2 MC:24.0.24 Engen:1.0.69
and noticed that under the MC GUI > File there's an option shown as Play Radio Paradise ... (see pic).

When I click on it there's a flash of white on the screen where the dialogue box used to be and then nothing.

Looks like there's been progress but it's still a work in progress.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 08:02:19 am »

Getting closer.  It's the internal browser that's needed.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 09:29:10 am »

I updated my 3B IdPi to:
 Id:24.0.2 MC:24.0.24 Engen:1.0.69
and noticed that under the MC GUI > File there's an option shown as Play Radio Paradise ... (see pic).

When I click on it there's a flash of white on the screen where the dialogue box used to be and then nothing.

Looks like there's been progress but it's still a work in progress.

I just updated too, and waited for a while after the white dialogue box appeared and the Radio Paradise began streaming.  Excellent.
If I can get there through JRemote or Panel, it will be perfect. At the moment I can do it with vnc and control it and that is just wonderful.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23:29 am »

Listening to Radio Paradise now on the Idpi into my hifi and the quality is excellent.  I have to start it from my main computer using vnc to control JRiver on my pi.
The only problems are dropouts on virtually every track (I think it is downloading the next track or something) but it is sounding wonderful.
JRemote keeps me up to date with what is playing.  I am sure you will refine this as time goes on, but you have accomplished so much in a very short time. So glad I purchased the upgrade to 24 too.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 03:42:25 pm »

Listening to Radio Paradise now on the Idpi into my hifi and the quality is excellent.  I have to start it from my main computer using vnc to control JRiver on my pi.
The only problems are dropouts on virtually every track (I think it is downloading the next track or something) but it is sounding wonderful.
JRemote keeps me up to date with what is playing.  I am sure you will refine this as time goes on, but you have accomplished so much in a very short time. So glad I purchased the upgrade to 24 too.
The next update coming momentarily will let you start radio paradise from Panel.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 07:39:19 am »

The new update looks fantastic!  Can't wait to try the Radio Paradise from Panel.
You guys amaze me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up