INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem extending trial period  (Read 989 times)

papa_charlie

• Recent member
Problem extending trial period
« on: April 29, 2018, 02:23:53 pm »

Dear Forum,

I installed a trial version of MC23 and attempted to use it with my Cambridge Audio Azur 851N network player. There were some problems. In the meantime, Cambridge Audio have released new firmware for the network player, and MC24 has been released. So I should like to try MC24 with my network player. The 30-day trial period has expired, so I requested an extension. JRiver sent me a key that looks something like xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx. However, when I try to enter the key in MC24 ("The test period has expired" -- "Restore license").

Thanks,
papa_charlie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem extending trial period
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 03:37:56 pm »

If your MC23 version just expired, then MC24 also won't work now.  You could try it on another machine if you have one.

papa_charlie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:21:11 am »

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I don't have another machine readily available.

On 2018-APR-29 I received an e-mail with the subject line: "Just a week left in your trial of JRiver Media Center", so I think my trial key has not expired yet. I just can't get it to work... When I enter the key (three 5-letter groups), MC tells me that it's expecting a key with six 5-character groups.  :(

Thanks,
papa_charlie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:17:46 am »

I'm sorry.  I can't help.

papa_charlie

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 05:48:53 am »

Dear Jim,

I managed to find another PC, installed MC24 on it and now everything is working well. (A firmware update for my Cambridge Audio Azur 851N network player may also have contributed.) You were right :-)

Thanks,
papa_charlie
Pages: [1]   Go Up