INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer not waking when playing track via JRemote  (Read 1478 times)

henryjl

Computer not waking when playing track via JRemote
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:05:22 pm »

Hello, Since I’ve installed version 24 I am unable to play a track via JRemote unless I first log into the desktop computer running JRiver. Did something change in the new version? I’m not sure if there’s a new setting I need to update? I never had this issue with earlier releases. Many thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Computer not waking when playing track via Remote
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:19:43 am »

Firewall?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:45:33 am »

Hello, Since I’ve installed version 24 I am unable to play a track via Remote unless I first log into the desktop computer running JRiver. Did something change in the new version? I’m not sure if there’s a new setting I need to update? I never had this issue with earlier releases. Many thanks.
Is MC running by default? Which remote??

henryjl

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 10:40:08 am »

I didn’t change any network settings so don’t think it’s a firewall issue. JRiver is running full-time on a Mac Mini. I use the JRemote app on an iPhone. Here too I didn’t change any settings relative to my setup using version 23.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:45:05 am »

I didn’t change any network settings so don’t think it’s a firewall issue. JRiver is running full-time on a Mac Mini. I use the JRemote app on an iPhone. Here too I didn’t change any settings relative to my setup using version 23.
Ok, does the problem happen after the computer sleeps or upon initial bootup?
You do need to login at least once after initial boot for MC to be run, even if you've got the Mac opening windows from the last boot session.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 12:55:31 pm »

I have had the issue of JRemote on my ipad being unresponsive to just transport and volume control after putting imac screen to sleep using hot corners.

It happened on 23 and is still happening on 24 builds. I thought it has gone away but back on 24.0.20.

I don’t know if it is somthing changing on the builds or is somthing on my imac. I have a feeling it is linked with the freezing of the mc window on my imac but difficult to pin down as not consistent.

Any ideas?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 02:15:45 pm »

I have had the issue of JRemote on my ipad being unresponsive to just transport and volume control after putting imac screen to sleep using hot corners.

It happened on 23 and is still happening on 24 builds. I thought it has gone away but back on 24.0.20.

I don’t know if it is something changing on the builds or is somthing on my imac. I have a feeling it is linked with the freezing of the mc window on my imac but difficult to pin down as not consistent.

Any ideas?
After it wakes from the sleep it's unresponsive to the Volume and Seek?
It make take a minute for all of the network functions to come back after you wake from a sleep. More so if it's wireless.
You also might want to make sure the imac that's being used has a static or fixed DHCP ip address lease.
You can check the Media Network (under Services in the tree) status window to see if there are any servers that stopped running after sleep.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 05:05:14 pm »

By sleep I mean screen off, the mac is still running and it sometimes responds to transport controls sometimes does not.

I have my server a synology NAS and my IMac on fixed IP’s The Imac is shown as the active interface.

The media network summary shows 3 Media Renderers, I am using a network speaker (yamaha sound bar ysp-5100) on a fixed IP as the player but it is not in the summary although it is listed on the remote as a zone player and shows up under playing now in the tree.

Sometimes using JRemote on my ipad when the imac screen is off I can select to play an album and it will wake the yamaha speaker and play and I can change track and volume, the Imac screen remains off. Sometimes the yamaha is not in the zone list and if I manually power it on it appears and I can play a track. Sometimes the Yamaha is showing and if I put the imac screen to sleep I can’t play anything.

I can’t get a grip on why everything works one minute and then not. Imac NAS and speaker all on fixed IPs.......??

All my devices are cable only ipad is wifi.

henryjl

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 12:05:38 am »

To be more specific, when the monitor display sleeps it’s no longer possible to operate JRiver via the remote app. I still have “wake on LAN” enabled in Mac network settings and the firewall is off. Other than installing version 24 I didn’t change anything. Any ideas come to mind?

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 05:11:06 pm »

To be more specific, when the monitor display sleeps it’s no longer possible to operate JRiver via the remote app. I still have “wake on LAN” enabled in Mac network settings and the firewall is off. Other than installing version 24 I didn’t change anything. Any ideas come to mind?

I have has this on previous builds 18 was not affected but 22, 23 and 24 have all had this problem. For me it is not all the time and I wonder if it is linked to the unresponsive mc window that is also happening. If music is playing it continues I just can’t do anything with JRemote transport or volume but I can look at albums and playlists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up