INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Burning Assistance Please  (Read 1245 times)

SBG

• nothing more to say...
CD Burning Assistance Please
« on: June 11, 2003, 06:46:53 am »

Good Morning Everyone,

I am running Media Center v9 in 30 day demo mode right now.  I am trying to determine if I should switch to Media Center or upgrade my MusicMatch to the latest version.  

I have created a playlist with mp3s that I want to burn to a disk.  In the playlist the sequence is exactly as I want it and the files even show up in the burning que in the same order as the playlist.  However, when I actually burn the CD and then try to play it, the tracks have been burned in a random order that was not assigned by the playlist.  I have music from different Albums with tracks all over the disk.  I have checked and I do not have the shuffle feature turned on.  Can anyone offer some insight here?  I am just looking to burn my Albums and tracks in sequence.  Thanks.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD Burning Assistance Please
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 11:41:38 am »

I assume you are burning a data mode CD. While MC burns the files to the disk in the order that they are in your burn queue, most players will play the tracks in alphabetical order, the same order that you see the files when you view them in windows explorer. So it will play the files in the first folder in alpha order, then all the files in the next folder in alpha order, etc. If your player can handle a playlist file (m3u), MC burns one in the root directory of your CD with the original order from your burn queue.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

SBG

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 02:39:45 pm »

Thanks JohnT.  That Makes Sense to me.  It would also explain why my Music Match software does see the files in the order I burned them.

nila

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 03:36:01 pm »

John - Any news on letting us use naming conventions when burning tracks so we could for instance rename them:

[sequence number] - [artist] - [track #] - [name]

This was a big topic a few months back and if I remember correctly you'd said u were going to do it.
Is it still in the works? Possibly for v9.1?

Or even if not to this extent, at least letting us just rename the files before burning them manually - this is needed at the very least.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 05:06:35 am »

Yes, this is a must for 9.1. As soon as I get this DVD stuff out of the way...  too many formats dvd-r, -rw, +r, +rw, rom, ram, arghh!
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nila

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 05:42:18 am »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

Especially if your going to give us naming conventions AS WELL as manual rename so we can do all of them using [name] - [artist] etc but then manually tweak any we want ;)

Ur a STAR!!

Good luck with the DVD stuff - Ur going to find it hard to get it tested as I dont think tooo many people have DVD Burners yet (how I WISH I did - too pricey still and slow and no fixed rock solid standard).
Pages: [1]   Go Up