INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD DAC Motherboard  (Read 1792 times)

B4Unyu

• Recent member
DSD DAC Motherboard
« on: May 01, 2018, 04:32:52 pm »

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X299-AORUS-Gaming-9-rev-10#kf

FYI:
Gigabyte's using some decent audio related chips on this MB: ESS Sabre 9018K2M 2-channel DAC, TI Burr-Brown OPA162 op amp, WIMA audio capacitors...

gave attention to the related power design: anti-pop, clean power, timing; usb voltages...

don't own this. can't say anything about it, how well they've implemented the capabilities of the ESS...
has a lot of nice features. expensive.
anyone looking to upgrade their PC and maybe downsize their audio components might be interested.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD DAC Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:54:40 pm »

The price on that mobo is also impressive.

Which is why my preference is to run an IdPi with a HiFi audio HAT and pocket the difference. I'm not worried about DSD, so happy to stick with tried and true, KISS PCM.

On the plus side it's good to see mobo manufacturers trying. In time there will be trickle down and competition, making it more widely affordable.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up