INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting in JR 24 & JR 23  (Read 897 times)

johanossason

• Recent member
Sorting in JR 24 & JR 23
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:38:27 am »

I have "an odd" problem. In JR23 I have sorted my records in this order; genre, artist, album, tracknumber. Works as it is supposed to.

In Jr24 (all the settings are exactly the same. Imported librarysettings from JR 23). Now there is an odd thing happening. The TRACKS are not all together sorted by tracknumber, differs a lot in a haphazard way. I have to click on track# and then it sorts on track#. Next time I open JR24 I have to repeat the same thing. This never happend in JR 23!

This is on a laptop, win 7. I've got JR 24 version 24.0.20 (64-bit)

On another laptop of mine, win 10, I have JR23. No problems! Also 64 bit

I keep my records on a removeable ssd.

I also checked some of the filetags. In the files the track# is the same as showed in JR23 & JR24

I only use JR 23 & 24 as a musicplayer. Nothing else. Sorry, but I have moved back to JR23 (23.0.104) as everything is ok in that version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sorting in JR 24 & JR 23
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:32:31 pm »

Is shuffle on?

johanossason

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:55:20 am »

No, it's off and has always been

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 06:53:46 am »

Are albums affected or just some?

What view are you using?

johanossason

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 11:42:49 am »

1. Standard view

2. Actually I don't know what you mean by "affected". 90% is flac the rest are mp3, 320. All are correct. Just imported an album to JR23. Files came in in the way they are supposed to, in track#. Did the same in JR 24. Files came in haphazardly, not in track#. As I wrote earlier on, all the settings are identical. It's strange behaviour in JR24 and I have no clue. Also, Theather view which works perfectly in JR23, works in JR24 after finding out I could check a box which is not recommended. Maybe you released JR24 to early.....I see now what you mean, most of the albums are affected, i.e. at least 80-90%. Have not checked all albums. Thank you for taking time to examine my problem, but, it's saturday so go home :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »

I actually found a difference in Sorting behavior on MC24.

In previous versions, the ~sort modifier of parent Views in the Tree was only honored if there was no sort applied at all in child views (in other words, the ~sort of a child View could override the ~sort of a parent view).

However, I had to go through and remove the ~sorts applied to some of my parent views (which were mostly "container" views with allow tree selection disabled anyway) because in MC24 they seemed to be "trickling down" and overriding explicit sorts in child Views. I didn't do a lot of testing once I discovered I could fix the issue by removing these, largely unused, sorts in the parent Views. So, I don't know if they were "merging" or actually overriding, but the behavior was definitely different.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 01:01:27 pm »

I should also note, I didn't go back and try to recreate any of this, and I'm going by memory from an issue I had just after upgrading to MC24, so... Take this all with a big chunk of salt.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up