INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback problem (HDMI audio)  (Read 824 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Video playback problem (HDMI audio)
« on: May 05, 2018, 01:43:03 pm »

Another strange HDMI related issue with a Gigabyte h270 board and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

The AVR is a Classe, and it appears correctly configured as a 7.1 device in Windows Playback devices.
In MC24, we have it set to play as a PCM stream of 7.1 channels. Multi-channel music plays fine.
Movies that are LPCM, DTS-HD MA and True-HD however will not play in multichannel, with the pop-up window coming up to suggest that a more basic 2-channel configuration would work. It's like something is taking exclusive control of the HDMI output somehow. and MC cannot use the full capability.

However, when I set Windows 10 default player as the program to open video files from within MC, the file plays fine and bitstreams the audio to the Classe for decoding. There seems to be no way of changing that bitstreaming option in that other program, but it does show that an exclusive path was available to it, even though it is denied to MC24. Very frustrating, to say the least. Any ideas as to what I can try? I shall have access to the system on Monday pm Eastern time, but not before.

RD James

Re: Video playback problem (HDMI audio)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 01:49:28 pm »

You could try enabling/disabling event style, manually setting the bit-depth rather than leaving it on automatic.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 02:07:11 pm »

You could try enabling/disabling event style, manually setting the bit-depth rather than leaving it on automatic.

Thanks I will try that. i do believe I may have tried the Event style toggle already, but will check again.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 04:54:14 pm »

Hi

You might like to have a look at a thread I started a few days ago on a very similar subject. I'm afraid I didnt get any suggestions.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115706.0.html

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 02:01:21 pm »

More information, perhaps a clue:

I tried upgrading to MC24 (it was on MC23 originally). It worked! But one time only. After that the same issue came up. By that I mean it worked playing through HDMI in multichannel exclusive mode (WASAPI). I stopped playback and tried it again - it did not work - got that same message - cannot start playback, do you want to try 2-channel etc.

I next updated the Intel graphics drivers and HDMI audio. After the restart, it worked! But when I stopped playback and tried again, same problem. In both cases after a restart, MC was able to playback properly, but for that one time only. It's as if MC is not relinquishing access to the sound device to itself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up