INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel Logos  (Read 796 times)

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
Channel Logos
« on: May 06, 2018, 03:43:01 am »

I added channel logos, and now media center won't allow me to change some of the old ones for a newer one to improve the look. I physically removed the image from the hdd then rebooted, and have tried the options under manage channel to replace it, but it won't let it change. Very frustrating.... Any advice from anyone who has tackled this problem?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Channel Logos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:36:22 am »

Are you using MC in client/server mode?  If so, try setting on the server.

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 09:04:23 am »

It is installed on one machine, and I have the media server set to load when windows does so it will record in the background even if Theater View is not open. Essentially it is just 5 of 20 channels that are doing this. The networks, and grit tv. I was able to work with the others.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:18:00 am »

Logos must be setup on the Server. Clients get the logo from the Server. If they are not updating after changing the actual logo image, you can try:
-shut down MC and MC Server.
-go to C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Thumbnails and delete the file in that folder.
-start up MC and MC Server.
-then do the same procedure for all of the clients.

PS: This also applies to Cover Art. Really wish MC would come up with a user friendly solution to this.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 04:08:08 pm »

Do you have a "TV Channels" smartlist?  If not, you can create one.  Playlists > Smartlists > Add Smartlist, use the following properties:

Under Rules: "Media Type" is "TV"
Under Modify Results: "Limit database to" "Main"

Now you can display the smartlist, and show "Image file" field in a column.  If the "Image file" field is not empty for the channel you are having trouble with, try delete that image file.  If that field is empty, then navigate to your Cover art folder (usually C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Cover art\, but could be in your customized location), and open its "TV Logos" subfolder.  You may find some files named in one of the following fashions:

<Channel Name>.jpg (or .png)

or

<Channel name> <nnnnnn>.jpg/png  where <nnnnnn> is a number representing the channel's database key.

You can delete the images if they are not correct.

There is another place these logo files maybe stored if you used channel logos during the earlier stages of Channel Logo.  Those images files are in the "Files" subfolder under "Cover art".  The files are named in the form <nnnnnn>.jpg/png and therefore are harder to identify as you must go by a channel's database key.  The database key of a channel can be found on "Manage TV Channels" window.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sftaylor

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 09:06:47 am »

Thanks guys for the helpful replies. I believe I have the problem under control now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up