INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Image in "Playing Now" on Networked SACD ISO played using Windows Explorer  (Read 1137 times)

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Playing SACD ISO files from my local drive will show the embedded image in MC "Playing Now" but ISO files that are not local and resides in a network folder while playing will not show the image. Seems like a bug?

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: No Image in "Playing Now" on Networked SACD ISO files issue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 07:09:40 pm »

Could someone be able to try to replicate this issue. I am not sure but I think that I was facing this problem before so its not related only to the current build of the program.

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 11:11:35 pm »

By using the MCWS command http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1 and retrieving the filed
<Item Name="ImageURL">MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=1061</Item> for example if you use after that the command  http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=1061 to get the image file it does not return an image at all it returns "The website cannot display the page". It is consistent with the NO IMAGE in the "Playing Now" pane. Again I am talking about ISO files that are being played from a Network share location.

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 03:03:35 am »

Please note that I am not using the MC Library. I am double clicking the ISO file in Windows Explorer. And some of my ISO files are local and some are stored in a network folder that AGAIN I am double clicking on them using the Windows file explorer. This is a long standing issue but since I did not have ISO files for long time I didn't face this problem. But now I start collecting ISO files and store them in a Windows NAS. NONE of them are shown in "Playing Now" with a picture. I am sure that this problem is not related to me but since most of the users are using the MC library they don't face this problem. But I don't use the library and play the files directly by double clicking on them and I am using the MCWS command and running a script to show the image on the Desktop but as I have said earlier neither inside MC "Playing Now" nor using MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File= The image can be retreived. Please fix this issue. Maybe I am the only one who are not using the MC library to play them but its definitely a Bug.

Thank you

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Could one of the JRiver staff respond to the problem that I have described. If you can't replicate it then please let me know and I will try to explain more thoroughly.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

None of the ISO files I'm loading have cover art embedded.  So the only way to add cover art is to point to an external file.

Do you have an ISO with embedded cover art you could share (to matt at jriver dot com)?

What does the "Image File" field show for the files in question?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Matt,

Thank you for your advice regarding the Image field. After further testing these are my findings:

It looks that my ISO files most of them don't have an embedded ISO file in them. MC is taking the JPG file in the folder to show in the Playing Now. If I play the ISO file that resides in my Local computer the image is shown. If I play the ISO file BY DOUBLE CLICKING THE NETWORK SHARE that resides in a network folder then the image is not shown.
Image file names are folder.jpg or front.jpg or coverart.jpg
I am either left clicking the network file to play or using the MCWS command to play them.
You have asked about the image file field: it show nothing it is a BLANK field when playing a networked file.
Could it be that there are some settings in the program options that needs to be set in order to show the cover art, again please note that I don't use the library in MC to play them.
Thank you

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Matt,

I have advanced a little bit regarding this issue.

1. I have found the option in the program settings it is "Online Metadata" > Lookup cover art for files that have no cover art at playback time. I had this setting to OFF, but it was showing the cover art for networked FLAC files even when this setting was off of course this is obvious because they are embedded in the file, only ISO files didn't show the cover art.
2. So now I have the cover art shown in the "Playing Now" BUT I would like to use the MCWS command to retrieve them.

This is the procedure that I am doing in order to get the image file:
1. By using the MCWS command http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=-1 and retrieving the filed
<Item Name="ImageURL">MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=1061</Item> for example.
2. After I got the image link MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=1061 I am running the MCWS command
http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/File/GetImage?File=1061 in order to retreive the image but by running this command I got "The website cannot display the page" (this is the result that I have in Internet explorer after running this command). Please note that if I am doing the same above procedure for FLAC files that resides in a network share then I can get the image (shown in Internet Explorer for example)

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

On FLAC files the Image File field show "Inside File"
On ISO files it show "C:\users\User name\.......\full album name.jpg.

mikefour

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello Matt,

I found why it didn't work.
In the program options File Location > Cover Art > Audio Mode
By default after you install the program it is set to "Audio Mode In a Specified Folder"
I changed it to: "Audio Mode In in the same Folder as the file" and now I can retrieve the image using the MCWS command.

Just a suggestion, because I don't know the implication, maybe you should consider that the default of Cover Art > Audio Mode during the first Installation of the program to be instead of "Audio Mode In a Specified Folder" to "Audio Mode In in the same Folder as the file"
Pages: [1]   Go Up