INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream mac desktop system output to Android device as uncompressed audio?  (Read 714 times)

macdroid

I've been digging through here, and haven't quite encountered this use case.  Not quite sure which subforum it belongs in since it crosses devices.

I need a solution that serves lossless audio from desktop mac via WiFi to Android device.  It's to capture live mix within Logic, so I could be wrong, but I'm assuming it's 32bit audio.  Since I can't find a plugin that does this, I assume it means I need to capture the Mac system audio and serve it out via WiFi to a receiving app of some kind on the Android.

Are both ends of this doable with JRiver?  Not seeing this use case discussed anywhere.

Was also considering Chord Mojo/Poly for HQ playback on the receiving end, but Android streaming appears to be limited to Bluetooth without advanced codec as only discussion I can find of DNLA usage is using the phone to control the library hosted on SD card on the device.  If there is a way to do this (and serve the Mac's system audio via DNLA), I'd love to hear about that too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up