INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resampling: No roll-off?  (Read 2470 times)

k.e.

• Recent member
Resampling: No roll-off?
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:35:39 am »

Hi, I was removing some useless noise from HD files and used DSP settings Resampling to trim the files.

Now, I noticed that when using XLD and downsampling I always get a smooth roll-off. Depending on the settings starting at 19 kHz or higher. I played around with various settings and I always end up at -96 dB for 16 Bit at the highest frequency.

However, using JRiver MC23 there is no such roll-off. The audio track is just cut-off at whatever half the sampling rate I choose. So in my latest case I still have -55 dB samples at 24 kHz. It also doesn't matter whether I use SoX or not. That is quite weird because every SoX setting in XLD has a roll-off. Is there any way to achieve that in JRiver?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Resampling: No roll-off?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:54:30 am »

It is a steep filter with a very late cutoff - and it might be best if the cutoff was reduced slightly - but it does roll-off rather than aliasing.

I generated some 24-bit 384kHz pink noise and resampled it to 16-bit 44.1kHz using Media Center and iZotope RX6, then used RX6's spectrum analyzer. The results are attached.

k.e.

• Recent member
Re: Resampling: No roll-off?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 02:59:22 am »

Thank you for the reply! That is good to know. It seems my analysis tool wasn't able to zoom in enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up