INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK program guide  (Read 1485 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
UK program guide
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:24:41 am »

Hi all, What do all you people in the UK use to get program guide information. I am really struggling with MC 24 to get reliable data. I currently use webgrab plus v2.1 pointing it to tvguide.co.uk but quite often the guide is incomplete.

I have tried mc2xml but this fails to get data from microsoft.
The auto setting returns 'The guide data is not valid, or does not contain any program information.'

Just wanted to know what all you UK users do.

Ross

rossp

• MC Beta Team
Re: UK program guide
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 04:35:17 am »

Also, mc2xml is version 1.4 but 1.6 is available now. JRiver seems to re-download the old version and does not allow you to upgrade it.

R

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:19 am »

I am in the UK, using terrestrial freeview (DVB-T2). EPG Collector was working well for me until 2-3 weeks ago, when it failed. The problem with EPG C is now fixed, but it has prompted me to look at using the OTA scan option within MC, rather than relying on an external program. OTA DVB scanning has only been working in MC24 since Yaobing's fix yesterday, so I'm in the early stages of trying it out on a non-critical pc setup.

First impressions are that MC collects much less OTA programme data (i.e. fewer programs) compared with EPG Collector.

I think I read somewhere that there is a licencing issue with mc2xml v1.6, but it goes back a bit, and I could be wrong!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:57:13 am »

Also, mc2xml is version 1.4 but 1.6 is available now. JRiver seems to re-download the old version and does not allow you to upgrade it.

R

We only have license to use version 1.4.  The author of the program did not grant us any upgrade rights.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 07:07:41 am »

So I changed from tvguide.co.uk to radiotimes.co.uk and the data seems more complete (also 2 weeks). The download is slow for only 18 channels, 52 minutes but that is at the peak time of the day. I will schedule it at 1am and see how I get on.

Ross

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 04:57:02 am »

I thought the Radio Times feed had been dropped. What URL are you using for the download?

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 01:59:51 pm »

I got it out of the supplied xml files. Sorry I away for a few days but will look in to it when I return. From memory:

radiotimes.co.uk

Ross

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 03:46:21 pm »

I'm in the UK, when I first added an HDHomerun to my setup I used mc2xml and it mainly worked. But then I got the same error messages that you have been seeing, so I switched on over the air EPG and its worked fine (apart from the glitch in the early v24 releases which are now fixed).

I get about a week's forward data which works for me. My set up is every 12 hours at 0100 and 1300. The system fires up from sleep, downloads and then returns to sleep. Amazing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up