INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming using client/server - Panel  (Read 420 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Streaming using client/server - Panel
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:33:05 pm »

In Panel, the Streaming page shows the various websites, but when you start one of them there is no UI on the client. The webpage shows up on the Server and any interaction has to been  down from there. No audio starts on the server.

Radio Paradise does seem to display the track on the client and allow stopping and starting, but the overall UI is not shown on the client.

And, for other sites, I see no UI on the client and streaming does not start on the server.

Is this the expected behavior?

Client is a Samsung S7 with Android 7.0 (Nougat)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Streaming using client/server
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 06:25:55 am »

In Panel, the Streaming page shows the various websites, but when you start one of them there is no UI on the client. The webpage shows up on the Server and any interaction has to been  down from there. No audio starts on the server.

Radio Paradise does seem to display the track on the client and allow stopping and starting, but the overall UI is not shown on the client.

And, for other sites, I see no UI on the client and streaming does not start on the server.

Is this the expected behavior?

Client is a Samsung S7 with Android 7.0 (Nougat)
You should see something with Panel.  Not sure about Gizmo.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: Streaming using client/server
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 10:35:09 am »

You should see something with Panel.  Not sure about Gizmo.

I get the Streaming icon on the front page of Panel and when I select it I see the boxes with the names of  websites from the Streaming tree. But, when I select a streaming station, for most of the streaming websites, I see nothing on the client. For example, with Radio Tunes, the website appears on the server, but I see nothing but the original page of station boxes on the client.  The only way I can control Radio Tunes is by the normal mouse actions within MC24 on the server.  I have also added Jazz Radio and the same thing happens. Nothing on the client, but the website appearing on the server.  And, when I start one of these stations playing on the server, I still see nothing on the client. The client continues to just show the website boxes.  I have to go to the server to control the stations.

With Radio Paradise, the Playing Now window appears at the bottom of the client screen and I can control the audio. But Radio Paradise seems to be a more integrated website, whereas the others just load the front page and expect the user to select and start the audio by clicking.

I just tried all the default stations. The only other website that starts playing is Radio Fip, but nothing appears on the client, just on the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up