INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default Settings  (Read 2009 times)

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
Default Settings
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:05:43 am »

Is there a way to restore JRiver Media Center 24 default settings without having to restore the library?

Thanks for any help.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Default Settings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:08:22 am »

Is this a hard question?  If I can do this, it could be really helpful in resolving a problem that has emerged in recent months.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:21 am »

I don't think so.

You could try making a backup, uninstalling and removing registry settings, then installing again and restoring (but not settings).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:41 am »

You might also post what the problem is.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 09:05:31 am »

through the years of working with JRiver MC I have learned 2 things

1. Never make more than 1 change at a time, this makes it much easier to change it back

2. No question about MC is to small or stupid with the help from the people who log on here at Interact!

that being said, what I have done is made a version of MC with no files (err Library) only the settings I know and want just in case I make a major blunder and there is no way out of it (even coming here for help)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »

You might want to tell us what the problem is, and whether you mean what we think you do when you say restoring the library. Maybe we can fix your issue in a different way than you envisage?

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 04:46:31 pm »

Thank you for the replies.  I did post when the problem first revealed itself that my system that was playing gapless without fail was no longer doing so (went 100% to 0%) and received no replies.  I did not think I changed any settings, but perhaps accidentally.  Trying to solve the problem, I did make changes to mirror the settings as closely as possible recommended by my Digital Audio Player (DAC built in) manufacturer, Cary Audio (DMS-500).  I used an alternative (Roon) on the same computer, router, etc. and gapless works.  In the meantime, MC24 came out and I installed it on a newer computer that has access to my NAS drive and it plays gapless fine and just required a few easy tweaks to the default settings.  I would prefer to run JRiver from the older computer (now also upgraded to MC 24) because I have a lot of music stored locally that I would rather not transfer at this time.  Clearly, there is an issue that is related to the local computer and would appear to a JRiver setting even though I have set everything I could find to gapless.  I am using DLNA.  New computer is on a KVM switch on the same router and peripherals. Sound quality is not issue, just the gapless playback.

I appreciate any help.  Thanks

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 05:01:20 pm »

The steps you can take:
On newer computer, back up the library. Save the library to the NAS if both computers have access to it.
On the older computer, back up the current library to a local directory. Make sure you know where it is going.
On the older computer go to "restore library" and select the library file from the NAS that you saved.
UNCHECK the "Restore library and playlists" option, but keep the settings option.

When you restore it this way, all the settings from the newer computer will be copied to the MC installation of the older computer. You library and playlists of the older computer should remain untouched. Once this is done, go to Options>Media Network and generate a new access key for the older computer. If the difference in gapless playback is due to an incorrect setting in the older PC, which is ok in the newer PC, the above should fix the situation. Be sure to make any other changes you need for the hardware of and connected to the older PC as well.

If there is an issue restore the library that you backed up from the older computer.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:27:03 pm »

Thanks.  Hopefully, I will be able to try this tomorrow and will report back.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 08:43:37 pm »

Excellent.  Complete success.  Thanks.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 09:45:36 pm »

Glad it worked out. Would have been nice to figure out what the offending setting was, but at least it's fixed.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 10:09:37 pm »

Glad it worked out. Would have been nice to figure out what the offending setting was, but at least it's fixed.

Agree completely.  thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up