INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read Only Library Folder with Windows 10 [Solved -- Antivirus Problem]  (Read 969 times)

MCZaphod

I have recently installed MC 24 on my Windows 10 Build 1709 and  I am unable to set the audio rip folder to the same folder as is used by Windows 10 Music Library. In MC options I always receive error "Audio file location cannot be read only". I am able to copy files to this same folder using File Manager OK. I have checked the Properties Security tab and can see that Users do not have Full Control or Modify. I have used Advanced to change this, which Windows appears to complete but it returns to the same as before. I have also added my Windows login user and granted it full access OK but still MC refuses to accept the audio folder. If I use another directory not also being used by Windows Music Library, then all is OK. 

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Read Only Library Folder with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:34:16 am »

If you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender, you will have to set an exclusion for Media Center.

MCZaphod

Re: Read Only Library Folder with Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »

Thanks. It wasn't Windows Defender that was the problem, but that gave me the clue. It was BitDefender Security Suite and Safe Files, Application Access. Once I allowed Media Centre 24 it all worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up