INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't open GUI on MC 24 upgrade  (Read 1199 times)

tsurkamp

• Recent member
Can't open GUI on MC 24 upgrade
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:26:40 am »

Just got my disc in the mail.

Plugged it in. Using the code I tried to register it. Error came back saying "not registered."
(I had 2 people check the input of the number, so 3 of us think we got it right. Also verified the number on the e-mail matched the number in the shipment.)

Using the mainmenu, I can...
  • upgrade the version. Currently Id 24.0.5  MC 24.0.25
  • Change the Id name
  • See my network connection and change it if need to
  • View my audio devices. My HiBerry DAC+ still does not show up. I fixed this before, so I assume once I can open MC I will do so again.
In addition to using the mainmenu, for the first time I have a large photo as a background.

More to the point. A reoccurring set of two windows. Each with a header of "Information" and completely blank except for the single word, "OK" which when clicked goes away - one window then the next. (I did open the screen fully to be sure if something was there. Nope.) The timing of these windows is every time I perform some input or on some timer on its own. I am curious as to what they should say.

The IdPi is not showing up on my network. It is I recall just a Pi 3 with wired to the network, connected to a Qnap nas. It worked beautifully before so expect no problems there.

Two side questions...
  • I upgraded once. Did it again because somewhere in another post I saw this might be helpful. Did you know I never got a message that said I was up-to-date? I can continue to run the update, but there aren't any changes.
  • If I have the IdPi plugged in to my TV via a HDMI, the IdPi hijacks control of the Samsung TV to the input it is on. Can I stop that if I'd like to keep it plugged in? My bride is some what of a Luddite on a/v remotes.

Please help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't open GUI on MC 24 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:04:38 pm »

Let's take one problem at a time. 

What version is the Id after you choose the Update option (#12 on the menu)?

tsurkamp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:42:27 pm »

The current version is ID 24.0.5 MC 24.0.25.  The original version was Id 22 with MC at 22, I'm pretty sure.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 10:14:52 am »

The current version is ID 24.0.5 MC 24.0.25.  The original version was Id 22 with MC at 22, I'm pretty sure.
That's the current revision.
The black input box on startup indicates that MC has lost it's configuration for some reason which also tells us why it can't be seen on the local network.
Can you try option 77 to attempt to restore the configuration? You might have to reload the license, BTW PM me with that license and I'll check it.
Thanks.

tsurkamp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:01:03 pm »

Thank you Bob for working your voodoo. Everything is loaded and running and I looking forward to playing with Panel and Engen.

And thanks to Jim for responding on a Sunday and on Mother's Day even.

If I may, I would like some help with a previously mentioned operational tweak.

The IdPi plugged in to my TV via a HDMI, hijacks control of the Samsung TV to the input it is on. Can I stop that if I'd like to keep it plugged in? I generally like to run headless, but there are times when I need to reboot or manage some admin task. Plugging and unplugging the HDMI is tedious.

Any suggestions?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 04:39:23 pm »

For most jobs that require GUI control can be done by remoting in using VNC or RDP. That's how I work it at my place.

If you did that you wouldn't need the IdPi plugged in at all.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 06:11:27 pm »

The IdPi plugged in to my TV via a HDMI, hijacks control of the Samsung TV to the input it is on. Can I stop that if I'd like to keep it plugged in?
That is probably a setting on your TV.  It's auto-switching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up