INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote-Panels question  (Read 525 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Remote-Panels question
« on: May 15, 2018, 03:42:03 am »

Hi

Hope someone can explain some question that I have. Yesterday I upgraded to 24 latest version and decided to give Panel a chance I tried panel with the 23 version and it seems to work different. I could change track in the 23 version by just ckick it.  In 24 I have to use the droplist saying play file. Is there a way to jump between tracks without go tru the play file droplist? I run JR 24 in audiomode only.

What I find strange is that I don't have to run JRiver to reach my music. I have a dedicated computer hooked up with a DAC to my HiFi gear
and try to run everything as an audophile. How come I don't need to run JR to get music? How does this affect my settings I have made in JR?

Otherwise it is cool to operate my collection from my android pad or windows phone. Havent figure out how change between player and play it here as the music stops on playing here, but that is not a big deal.

I hope someone could explain why I don't need to use JR and what is happening soundwise.

Kindly Blue Boy who has been around since at least version 15

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote-Panels question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:32:42 am »

Player and Here are two different zones, so you could be playing in both.

You can use the next track icon in Playing Now.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:42:30 am »

Hope someone can explain some question that I have. Yesterday I upgraded to 24 latest version and decided to give Panel a chance I tried panel with the 23 version and it seems to work different. I could change track in the 23 version by just ckick it.  In 24 I have to use the droplist saying play file. Is there a way to jump between tracks without go tru the play file droplist? I run JR 24 in audiomode only.

A recent update changed this behavior in Media Center 24. When you're browsing files in Panel and click on a file, it will open the Playing context menu which has different play options. It also does not immediately jump to the Playing Now page. This is so you can build the Playing Now playlist. If you go to the Playing Now page in Panel and click on a track in the playlist, it will start playing that track.

What I find strange is that I don't have to run JRiver to reach my music. I have a dedicated computer hooked up with a DAC to my HiFi gear
and try to run everything as an audophile. How come I don't need to run JR to get music? How does this affect my settings I have made in JR?

You actually do need to have Media Center running. Panel does not work unless Media Center is running. In Panel, if you have the zone 'Here' selected in the settings page, it's playing to the browser and using the configuration settings in the Panel settings page. If you have any other zone selected in Panel, it's using the settings you have configured in Media Center.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:34:10 pm »

Thanks for answering, It is late evening now here in Sweden and this evening was dedicated for the hockey world championship. Sweden VS Russia 3 - 0 Yippie!!!!!

I will check my settings and figure out how to play it here should work. Still I clicked down JR and could play from panels.

One feature thing that would be nice to have in panel is to create playlist from panels that are saved, I hope that will come in the near future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up