INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert format not converting all selected files with tags  (Read 750 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe

As the title suggests. Converting from flac to ogg I see that not all files are properly converted with tags and so some appear as "tempory file xxxxxx". The selected files seem to be converted, just some have no tags and each time it's different ones that get converted properly.

Any ideas what's going on?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Convert format not converting all selected files with tags
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:35 pm »

If there are "tempory file xxxxxx" left when conversion completes then the conversion is crashing for those files. The first thing that comes to mind is corrupt or bad files, but if it is always different files when the same group is selected, then I would suspect hard drive issues, or if on a NAS, network issues.

I would suggest running a log and looking through it to see if you can find an error message related to one of the files that failed.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:54:51 pm »

Thanks. It's not a network drive, but I have HD Sentinel which I don't recall showing a HDD issue but I'll check.

Could it be a RAM issue?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 11:44:43 pm »

A RAM issue could cause all sorts of problem. Test your RAM. Windows has a utility for it (mdsched.exe), or there is Memtest86+, which is better but takes a bit more work and time to run.

It could also be a weak power supply, which causes all sorts of seemingly unrelated problems. Hard to diagnose. You could use OuterVision to check if it is sized right, but if it is old it could be failing regardless of correct sizing. If you have added lots of disks or other components to your PC, the power supply may have been fine initially, but could be undersized now.

But start with the MC logging functionality and see if anything is reported. If not you could watch Resource Monitor to see if CPU, Network, or Disk are maxing out during conversion.

So many things could cause this sort of problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 07:48:24 pm »

You could also try and set 'Number of files to convert at the same time' to 1 (if it is not already set to 1). Click Options in the 'Convert Format' window to find this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up