INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source bit depth vs internal  (Read 799 times)

Pilky01

Source bit depth vs internal
« on: May 21, 2018, 12:47:16 am »

Hi guys,

I'm a recent convert to JRiver, after buying a proper DAC and Headphone amp and wanting bit-perfect playback. I'm using ASIO to output music to my DAC, but I have a question that I can't find an answer to. My source files always seem to get processed at 64 bit, even though the vast majority of my files are 16 and 24 bit. Is this behaviour normal for JRiver? I have the lovely blue icon to show that my audio path is direct and unchanged, but I want to make sure it's all working as it should. The odd part is that any 16 bit, 44.1khz file I play is quoted as being 64-bit in the "source" tab.

I've attached screenshots to highlight what I'm talking about, so any input would be much appreciated!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Source bit depth vs internal
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 02:39:35 am »

JRiver works in 64 bit, which means there is some "headroom" for things like DSP and volume control - this is the "source".  the output is as specified (by your DAC, or yourself if you are up/down sampling)

rest assured, if the blue light is on you are getting the original 16/24 bit stream with no changes
Pages: [1]   Go Up