INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't remove references to old nonexistent libraries  (Read 997 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Can't remove references to old nonexistent libraries
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:54:34 am »

For quite some time now (at least since JRMC21) I've been stuck with references to old MC libraries which no longer exist on my computer. The references appear in the "Playing Now" pane; see attached screen shot oldLibraries.jpg. In this case "BOGUS PonoWorld Library", and "old Main Library MC*" (where * is 20, 21, and 22) do not exist on the local file system. MC knew about them long ago; I can't figure a way to convince MC to forget about them.

If I go to File > Library Manager and hit "Delete Library...", that brings up a list of libraries to delete, but the missing ones are disabled (greyed out) so I can't select them. See attached screen shot CantDelete.jpg.

If I click on one of the missing libraries in Playing Now, I only get three options: Load, Rename, and Clone. No Delete button.

Does anyone know way to delete the references to these old, nonexistent libraries?

MC 24.0.25, macOS 10.13.4.

Packer

• Recent member
Re: Can't remove references to old nonexistent libraries
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 02:17:45 pm »

I have the same problem. Can't remove from main view removed libraries. Sometimes JRiver is stuck on one of those at start. Any solution? Anyone?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't remove references to old nonexistent libraries
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 07:26:11 pm »

At your own risk you can try editing the media center ".ini" file that contains these references.   I've done this and it worked, but I really don't recommend it.

Maybe, just maybe the following would work:

1.  Make a library backup of the library or libraries you are using.
2.  Delete MC's folder from your home directory in ~/Library/JRiver/Media Center 24/
3.  Launch MC again and watch it open a fresh empty library. With no extra libraries in it's list.
4.  Restore your main library with File > Library > Restore Library using the backup you just made.
5.  Repeat #4 above for any additional libraries.

I have not tried this.  Might work.  Not sure.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up