INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id lost license after reboot  (Read 1033 times)

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Id lost license after reboot
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:27:06 am »

I rebooted my JRiver Id this morning and was unable to get the JRiver Remote or JRiver Panel to communicate with it.

After a couple of reboots in headless with the same result I rebooted in GUI to find the Media Centre logo with a message to enter the licence in the Id Menu so I entered my MC24 Master Licence Key to get a message saying it was not valid and for a different product.

I tried a couple more limes to ensure I hadn't miss typed and just ended up getting more licences for my MacBook Pro.

How do I fix this issue as the Master Licence does not seem to work with the Id?

Regards

Richard

Id 24.0.5 MC: 24.0.28 Engen 1.0.69

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver Id lost license after reboot
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:35:57 am »

The Id works to its own licence.

If you've got a Master licence, then it will work for all OS variants but not the Id.

The Id is its own separate deal.

Use your Id licence and you should be fine.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 05:58:24 am »

Tried the original licence from email from 15th January and I get an error message error= we could not find that license

So still stuck with the problem

Regards

Richard

Update Misread 1 for I so now fixed -

Thanks for help

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 07:46:12 pm »

It would really help all concerned if JRiver's Id licence function avoided generating ambiguous characters.

I use Lastpass for generating passwords and its generator has this function as a check box, so an "I" and a "1" and a zero and the letter "O" don't get generated at all. I'd think it should be possible for a similar deal to be configured. Otherwise, you just have to be careful.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:06:19 pm »

It would really help all concerned if JRiver's Id licence function avoided generating ambiguous characters.

I use Lastpass for generating passwords and its generator has this function as a check box, so an "I" and a "1" and a zero and the letter "O" don't get generated at all. I'd think it should be possible for a similar deal to be configured. Otherwise, you just have to be careful.
That ship has sailed.  In retrospect, I agree with you.

Our license system has been nearly perfect for close to 20 years.  I am more than a little reluctant to touch it.

On anything but Linux, copy and paste is the answer.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 07:52:56 am »

That ship has sailed.  In retrospect, I agree with you.

Our license system has been nearly perfect for close to 20 years.  I am more than a little reluctant to touch it.

On anything but Linux, copy and paste is the answer.

Thanks for sharing that. Understandable you not wanting to change when considering a long standing arrangement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up