INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot connect to Idpi.  (Read 964 times)

Bohemian

• World Citizen
Cannot connect to Idpi.
« on: May 27, 2018, 10:11:03 am »

My Idpi is happily playing a Rolling Stones album, but I cannot connect to it via Panel, JRemote not VNC.  I cannot stop the playback, nor access the database at all.
If I turn off the pi (at the end of the album when it stops playing) would it corrupt the sd card?
Could it possibly be related to the electrical storms that were prevalent over UK last night?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot connect to Idpi.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:43:28 pm »

If you can still remote in via VNC, then do that and give the system a stop command. A reboot might help.

Assuming you've updated to the latest build, for connecting to Panel did you check the wiki entry and follow those steps?:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Panel

It's not clear whether you used to have the ability and it was lost or that you've never had a connection to Panel at all in the past.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:33:09 pm »

I had had connection and had used JRemote to play an album by London Grammar, then changed to the Stones.  The connection then failed, although the music continued to play. I have connected via Panel and JRemote previously using an access key, but now neither will connect.  It is as though the idpi has disappeared - although it was playing ok. 

I have also previously connected with vnc, but now it will not, and windows will not find the pi on the network.

I think it may be a network connection problem, and to connect the pi to my computer mouse/keyboard/monitor would require me to switch it off.
I think if it is still problematic tomorrow, I will switch it off and risk the corruption to the sd card as I would have to switch it off anyway in order to connect to my pc.

Will post results tomorrow after I have slept on it.

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 04:29:01 am »

OK, so I 'bit the bullet' and turned off the pi.  Rebooted and everything is back to normal!

Whew!  Don't know what the problem was, but it has resolved itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up