INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.30 -- Available Here  (Read 7542 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 24.0.30 -- Available Here
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:06:18 am »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240030.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240030-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.30 (5/21/2018)

1. NEW: APE files can load their information from online files now.

24.0.29 (5/17/2018)

1. Changed: Tweaked EPG loading code a bit in an effort to eliminate a rare anomaly.
2. Fixed: Loading tracks to memory disables when playing Radio Paradise or any other URL.
3. Fixed: Solved a few Radio Paradise startup issues.
4. Changed: Added m4b back to the import list.

24.0.28 (5/15/2018)

1. NEW: Added CPU Cores to the reporter view.
2. Fixed: The Maximum setting for thumbnail creation threading was not working properly, it was devoting less core to the task than desired.
3. Changed: The thread priority setting for thumbnail creation has been tuned to not overload the processor especially in the normal threading model.
4. Changed: Adjust threading on image drawing to adjust to the number of available cores.
5. NEW: Added an option to choose the playlist format when syncing to Handhelds.
6. Changed: Italian translation updated (thanks Matteo).
7. Changed: Items on Tools > Options > General page are no longer alphabetically sorted if the language used is Chinese.
8. Changed: Updated Chinese translation.
9. Changed: Added FPL (foobar) to the playlist import tool.
10. Changed: Renamed language choice "Chinese" to "Chinese (simplified)"
11. Changed: Removed M4P and M4B files from the import selection.
12. Changed: Opening a new Media Center tab now shows a blank page with instructions to select a desired item to view in the tab, rather than opening a web browser to the 'Start' page.
13. Fixed: The desktop could flicker when switching tracks or playing the last track.
14. Changed: "Update tags (from library)" will be allowed even if "Update tags when file info changes" option is off.

24.0.27 (5/11/2018)

1. NEW: Made Radio Paradise honor the next track button and jump to the next track.
2. Changed: Multiple TV recordings can be selected and deleted at once in Theater View.
3. Fixed: Viewing JPEG images with no date information in the tags would update the last modified time on the file.
4. NEW: Added instruction and tooltips regarding in-place editing on "Manage Channels".
5. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
6. Fixed: Pushing next track on the last track in a playlist when continuous was off would cause the playback position to become invalid.
7. NEW: MC will open and parse Foobar sidecar files for SACD ISO files if JRiver sidecar files are not present.
8. Fixed: Panel - The Play context menu would get closed immediately after being opened in some cases on mobile devices.

24.0.26 (5/8/2018)

1. Fixed: A crash could occur when DLNA searches were done if there is more than one DLNA server configured and they are searched simultaneously (thanks jmone).
2. NEW: Added NFO to the list of text files.
3. Changed: Another update of the Modern Cards skins with work by Glynor (thanks!).
4. Fixed: MC popped up an error message each time a tag of an SACD ISO file is edited if sidecar support was not turned on.
5. Updated Chinese translation (thanks YanJun Sun).
6. Fixed: Radio Paradise files would import if the setting to import played files was set.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS command Playback/Play to issue a play command (and do nothing if it's already playing).
8. Fixed: Crash after OTA DVB EPG scan since build 16.
9. NEW: Panel - Added a streaming page that will show up when playing to the 'Player' zone.

24.0.25 (5/3/2018)

1. Changed: Radio Paradise starts with the first track and then loads subsequent tracks in a background thread instead of the main thread.
2. Changed: Upgraded to Monkey's Audio 4.34.
3. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).

24.0.24 (5/2/2018)

1. Fixed: Radio Paradise files would get imported.

24.0.23 (5/2/2018)

1. Changed: Radio Paradise playback only shows the current track and then adds more tracks as playback advances.  It also obscures the filenames.
2. Fixed: Radio Paradise still wouldn't upload to Dr Who because of simultaneous change to encrypted url's.

24.0.22 (5/2/2018)

1. Fixed: Rename, Move, & Copy tool did not work properly with SACD ISO files.
2. Fixed: Non-video sidecar files were not moved when the associated media files were moved.
3. Fixed: Deleting a custom streaming station link didn't always make the link go away after a restart of the program.
4. Fixed: Audio sidecar was not turned on for the mode "Save in sidecar if internal tagging is not supported" for audio types with plugins that did not support internal tagging (for example DFF).
5. Fixed: Playlists with Radio Paradise or other streaming url's were not uploading to Dr. Who correctly.  Also lowered the Dr. Who track minimum to one (used to be five).
6. Fixed: Encoding FLAC files in 64-bit Media Center would produce barely compressed files, instead of the expected compression.

24.0.21 (4/30/2018)

1. Fixed: Sidecars for non-video files were not deleted along with the media files.
2. Changed: When deleting individual tracks in an SACD iso file, all other tracks are deleted as well, instead of leaving them in the library with missing file error.
3. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
4. Changed: Updated the Modern Cards skins with work by glynor (thanks glynor and Awesome Donkey).
5. Changed: Radio Paradise playback starts faster (and then loads subsequent tracks once playback starts).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.30 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 08:54:39 am »

2. Fixed: The Maximum setting for thumbnail creation threading was not working properly, it was devoting less core to the task than desired.
3. Changed: The thread priority setting for thumbnail creation has been tuned to not overload the processor especially in the normal threading model.
This seems to work very well for automatically generated thumbnails when browsing a library - I'm seeing all 16 threads loaded on my CPU. (though only 8 processes spawned by MC?)
However, I'm only seeing single-threaded thumbnail creation if I run: Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing Thumbnails

13. Fixed: The desktop could flicker when switching tracks or playing the last track.
The fix seems to work well, though I am still getting flickering when launching MC, or when collapsing/expanding panes in a split view.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:02:12 pm »

The fix seems to work well, though I am still getting flickering when launching MC, or when collapsing/expanding panes in a split view.

I am no longer seeing any screen flicker on startup or track changes.  Thanks Matt.

I don't do "collapsing/expanding panes in a split view" so I cannot confirm.

RD James

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:51:16 am »

I am no longer seeing any screen flicker on startup or track changes.  Thanks Matt.
I don't do "collapsing/expanding panes in a split view" so I cannot confirm.
Collapsing/expanding the tree on the left also causes this flickering.

jherbert

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:48 am »

1. MC24 still crashes during audio analysis with more than 1 concurrent files processed. Sometimes after 12,000 or so files, more often after 50 to 80 files.

2. It is possible to exit the program during a rename/move/copy job. processing is halted, but program does not close. Must be killed via task manager then with repair work to be done. Would be better to handle this like when you try to quit with audio analysis still open.

3. when a rename/move/copy job finds duplicate target files it stops and asks for action. This makes it impossible to run large jobs as batch, as they might stop. It would be nice to have an error handling routine that skips/logs all problems, like it is done during import.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:35:15 am »

1. I am still seeing slow search results* - like the program is having some severe problems trying to display "suggestions" when I type a value into the upper right Search box

2. Have had several nasty lockups and crashes during Thumbnail refresh (usually on 50+ albums) - this is when I select a series of albums and right click on the lot and Update thumbnails

* Jim suggested taking the A/V out of the equation - which I did - the entire JRiver tree is on exclusions - but the slow molasses like search result/suggestions continue.

3. Was very disapointed again to see that an upgrade scenario - to a "client" install of MC - does not preserve any settings whatsoever - I had to reset 5 workstations at about 5-7 mins each after performing the v24 upgrade. On my personal workstation - which is not a "client" the upgrade was perfect.
Not exactly sure what I am missing here - would appreciate any tips to avoid this in the future.

VP

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:37:05 am »

1. I am still seeing slow search results* - like the program is having some severe problems trying to display "suggestions" when I type a value into the upper right Search box
Do you have any other (heavy calculating) tabs open? It seems that search affects to inactive tab also.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 02:56:10 pm »

Do you have any other (heavy calculating) tabs open? It seems that search affects to inactive tab also.

I have 5 standard tabs open - but none are calculatying anything. The main tab is always Recent Albums - and the others simply point to locations like Tag view, Explorer and I have one Player tab with nothing in it.

There should be no interference from any of these tabs being open. I have used the identical layout in v22 and v23 with no ill effects. Searching was smooth and consistent with no glitchy like visuals onscreen.

VP

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 03:08:56 pm »

MC is not correctly handling newline-separated data (typically Large Value data) when set via MCWS.  It is not doing its internal newline conversion until the value is edited using the MC Desktop edit control.   Therefore, expressions using that data may not work correctly.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »

+1 on the slow searching, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up