INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 not playing full playlist  (Read 1614 times)

tony_harman

• Recent member
MC24 not playing full playlist
« on: June 01, 2018, 02:39:59 pm »

Hi,

I posted this elsewhere, but didn't receive a response, so I thought I'd try a fresh post.

I use Bubbleupnp to control MC, streaming tracks from Qobuz and playing from my NAS. MC 22 was working perfectly, then I upgraded to 24.

Now, when I play tracks (Qobuz or NAS), MC only plays a handful of the tracks before it stops. It's then a real pain to get it playing from where I left off, as I have to restart the playlist (if that works - not always), then skip tracks till I get to where I was, etc.

What has changed in this version that it's now virtually unusable for me? This really puts me off upgrading again in future, as I had similar issues last time I upgraded.

While I'm at it, I STILL get the white screen issue at startup in Theatre view, reported donkey's years ago. It seems you're adding features I don't personally need (I just use this for music and don't care about video) and not addressing issues with the core program.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC24 not playing full playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:38:55 pm »

Please bump your post if necessary.  Don't start a new one on the same subject.

It's not clear this is a problem with MC.

We try to support BubbleUpnp, but we don't guarantee anything. 

If you have a thread on the problem you've had with Theater View, try bumping it. 

Make sure you're on the most recent build of MC24.

tony_harman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:44:45 pm »

Hi,

I rarely use forums, so I'm not familiar with bumps, etc.

As a cross check, I dug around on the forum and found a link to MC22. I reinstalled and this version works seamlessly with BubbleUpnp. The playlist plays in its entirety and tracks start very quickly- there was an unbearable lag when starting playback via Bubble-->MC24, often timing out in bubble and requiring a 2nd press of the play button.

I'm no programmer, but it's clear something has changed between MC22 and 24 that spoils the harmony. I've not tried MC23, maybe that has the same issue.

For now, at least, I can use v22, but I'm kicking myself for upgrading, as it's been money down the drain for me.

Kind regards,

Antony

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:16:33 pm »

We will take a closer look at this problem.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 08:46:41 am »

Hi,

I rarely use forums, so I'm not familiar with bumps, etc.

As a cross check, I dug around on the forum and found a link to MC22. I reinstalled and this version works seamlessly with BubbleUpnp. The playlist plays in its entirety and tracks start very quickly- there was an unbearable lag when starting playback via Bubble-->MC24, often timing out in bubble and requiring a 2nd press of the play button.

I'm no programmer, but it's clear something has changed between MC22 and 24 that spoils the harmony. I've not tried MC23, maybe that has the same issue.

For now, at least, I can use v22, but I'm kicking myself for upgrading, as it's been money down the drain for me.

Kind regards,

Antony
I'd like to try to duplicate what you are seeing.
I need to know the exact configuration you are using when you see the issue.
Let's stick with the NAS setup and avoid the streams to start with.

With Bubble you are connecting to your NAS as a DLNA server and sending the tracks to MC on a Mac as a renderer, is that correct?
If not please specify the details of what you are doing.

If that is what you are doing, what format are the files on the NAS in?
Is the playlist all of the same type of files or mixed content?

Thanks,
Bob

tony_harman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 04:55:29 pm »

Hi Bob,

That's correct. The Mac mini is configured as an Openhome renderer in BubbleUpnp Server on the Mac.

All files are Flac, but vary in resolution from CD to 24 bit, 96kHz. The problem occurs with any album, regardless of quality and whether or not I mix file resolutions in the play list.

The NAS is a Netgear ReadyNAS 2, computer is a Mac Mini (2014), playing through a Chord 2Qute DAC.

All software is up to date, including Mac OS, etc. I'm certain of this, as the Mac is annoyingly insistent about updates! MC24 and Bubble are up to date also. However, if you need software version details, please let me know?

Is there anything else you need that might help?

Many thanks,

Antony

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 06:42:06 pm »

Hi Bob,

That's correct. The Mac mini is configured as an Openhome renderer in BubbleUpnp Server on the Mac.

All files are Flac, but vary in resolution from CD to 24 bit, 96kHz. The problem occurs with any album, regardless of quality and whether or not I mix file resolutions in the play list.

The NAS is a Netgear ReadyNAS 2, computer is a Mac Mini (2014), playing through a Chord 2Qute DAC.

All software is up to date, including Mac OS, etc. I'm certain of this, as the Mac is annoyingly insistent about updates! MC24 and Bubble are up to date also. However, if you need software version details, please let me know?

Is there anything else you need that might help?

Many thanks,

Antony
Are you running something on the Mac to make it an openhome renderer and not a simple DLNA renderer which MC provides on the Mac?

tony_harman

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 12:39:51 am »

Hi Bob,

Bubble UpNp server has an option to configure as an Openhome renderer. I've always used this option since I started using Bubble / MC.

I'll give it a try with it turned off and report back. However, MC 22 seems to work perfectly fine with it turned on.

Best regards,

Antony

tony_harman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 02:55:14 am »

This still isn't working and I've given up and am using MC22 for now.

Even configured to connect to my NAS as a bog standard DLNA server and sending the tracks to MC on a Mac as a renderer, it takes a VERY long time for the renderer to appear on the network so I can select it in Bubble UpNp.

Full playlists still don't get played; they get cut short, sometimes only a few tracks in.

Track advance, etc, can be very slow.

None of the above issues with MC 22

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 12:55:54 pm »

This still isn't working and I've given up and am using MC22 for now.

Even configured to connect to my NAS as a bog standard DLNA server and sending the tracks to MC on a Mac as a renderer, it takes a VERY long time for the renderer to appear on the network so I can select it in Bubble UpNp.

Full playlists still don't get played; they get cut short, sometimes only a few tracks in.

Track advance, etc, can be very slow.

None of the above issues with MC 22

When running MC24 on the Mac have you tried it without using the BubbleUPnP Openhome layer on the Mac? I'm wondering if something has changed in MC24 that makes it not work properly with it.
Also were you running a current build of MC24 on the Mac? There were a few builds that had issues with Bubble.

I'd still like to see if I can duplicate your issue but I need to get as close as possible to your setup.
We've got a QNAP NAS that we can use for the server side and BubbleUPnP control point on an android tablet and of course the Mac Mini with all version of MC running on it.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 02:42:06 pm »

When running MC24 on the Mac have you tried it without using the BubbleUPnP Openhome layer on the Mac? I'm wondering if something has changed in MC24 that makes it not work properly with it.
Also were you running a current build of MC24 on the Mac? There were a few builds that had issues with Bubble.

I'd still like to see if I can duplicate your issue but I need to get as close as possible to your setup.
We've got a QNAP NAS that we can use for the server side and BubbleUPnP control point on an android tablet and of course the Mac Mini with all version of MC running on it.

Making some guesses as to your exact configuration, I tried this and it worked flawlessly with the latest MC24 for the Mac (24.0.45).

Latest BubbleUPnP on an android tablet
QNAP NAS TS-251 4.3.4 with the default DLNA server running
Mac Mini running High Sierra and MC 24.0.45.
Latest OpenHome server software on the Mac Mini

I tested this first with the created OH Renderer and then with MC's built in renderer.
With the OH renderer for MC on the Mac set to use gapless playback it worked perfectly and transitioned tracks gaplessly

Alternately, using MC's builtin renderer and with the BubbleUPnP control point on the android tablet set to NOT support gapless, everything worked fine except for gapless playback. With gapless set for MC's renderer on the BubbleUPnP android app settings, gapless playback worked perfectly on the Mac Mini MC.

So I'm unable to reproduce what you are seeing.
One thing I would check, when I first tried this, my firewall was disabled on the Mac. So I turned it on. I went into the
System Preferences->Security & Privacy->Firewall->Firewall Options
and Media Center 24 wasn't there. I added it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up