INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Player Display in Playing Audio  (Read 938 times)

Audiothrill

• Recent member
Customize Player Display in Playing Audio
« on: June 02, 2018, 03:01:34 am »

Hey, solving this issue might improve the world only a little bit, but could give me some small and precious comfort allthough:

In my text: "[Name]" ([Track #]//[PN Tracks]) from "[Album]" by [Artist] - [Date]

[PN Tracks] should (for me) ALLWAYS return the value for the sum of titles of the entire album and NOT the sum of titles in "Playing now".

Could there allready exist an appropriate syntax for this feature?

Thanks for your precious attention. Playing audio with MC24 is breathtaking.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customize Player Display in Playing Audio
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 08:44:14 am »

It doesn't exist by default, but the tools are there for you to create it, if that's what you want...

You have to have MC save the number of tracks per album as a variable.
As the variable needs to be initiated for each launch of MC (they are destroyed when you exit) it's probably best to create a smartlist that catches all of your audio, and creates the variable, and then edit your top level audio view to show files from that smartlist, which should initialise the variable any time you enter an audio view.

Create your smartlist, open it for editing, hit the import/export button, and paste the following in there, replacing anything that already exists there...
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [=save(0,v_tracks[album artist (auto)][album])1]=1
Done? OK...

Go back to your 'customise player display' dialogue, and add, where you would like to see, in "Play mode (Main)", the following...
load(v_tracks[album artist (auto)][album]) tracks in album
and that should be you all set...

If you would like to learn more about variables, try a forum search, such as This one (click, then hit the search button in the bottom right corner)
Just about all of my limited 'variables' knowledge comes from posts by user mark_h.

Audiothrill

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 12:45:37 am »

Following your instructions the display returns 0 as value. I guess, this is allready nearby, but some debugging has still to be done.

In my files "Album Artist (auto)" is never tagged, only "Artist" carries the name of the Artist. But changing "Album Artist (auto)" towards "Artist" in your instructions did yet not help.

Your explanation is appreciated & helpfull and gives me really much more insight, it's quite new territory though. I have to dig in.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 02:54:17 am »

You should not fill Album Artist (Auto) manually... "Album Artist (Auto)" is filled automatically by MC. In essence, here's the basic logic it follows...

If "Artist" is filled, and "Album Artist" is empty, then "Album Artist (Auto)" = "Artist"
If "Album Artist" is filled, then "Album Artist (Auto)" = "Album Artist"
If "Album" contains more than one artist, then "Album Artist (Auto)" = (Multiple Artists)

Getting back to your variable...

You're right, I missed a line. Apologies for that. Use the import button to replace the existing with the string below.
[Media Type]=[Audio] [=save(0,v_tracks[album artist (auto)][album])1]=1 [=save(math(1+load(v_tracks[album artist (auto)][album])),v_tracks[album artist (auto)][album])1]=1
Now, it should work?

Audiothrill

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 04:43:30 am »

Yes, apparently it works. That's indeed great, thank you. I'll have some fun to digest the basics of the procedure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up