INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 Scheduled TV Recording no longer working after Win10 2018 Update  (Read 905 times)

aidepe

Since installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, MC version 23 is no longer making scheduled TV recordings if the PC is in sleep mode.  All was fine before the update.  Currently I can view live TV, make instantaneous recordings, make scheduled recordings if the PC is awake and active but any recordings scheduled to occur when the PC is asleep simply don't happen.  No changes have been made to MC23 and the twin tuners (Terrestrial DTV) are functioning correctly.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Any comments / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

That update did a lot of stuff, and on my PCs required more than one reboot to sort everything out, with extra stuff installed after the first reboot.

So, did you reboot the PC a couple of times, and do you have UAC turned on so that you see messages to allow installation of Windows components?

Unfortunately, I can't answer the question about waking from sleep as my HTPC has been running 24/7 for a few months, rather than being allowed to sleep.

Also, it shouldn't affect the sleep issue, but check and update your video and other drivers, because some of them needed to be updated to work with the Windows 10 April update.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

This isn't the same problem, but it's possible it's related:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg803013/topicseen.html#msg803013

aidepe

Thanks RoderickGI and JimH for your suggestions.  Have delayed replying in order to do some tests.

The Windows 10 Update installed just before a vacation so I have rebooted a couple of times as suggested to ensure completion of the process.  Also set MC23 to run as administrator (the account running on this PC does not have admin rights).  Finally, I have re-entered any existing scheduled TV recordings.  I have left the PC set to sleep after 2 hours as I am reluctant to have it running when not in use.

After some initial mixed results (some scheduled events recording, some not), last nights recordings were captured as intended.  Hopefully this problem is resolved now.

Will pay closer attention to the next Windows update...

Pages: [1]   Go Up