INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename, move & copy files  (Read 480 times)

brains4eva

• Recent member
Rename, move & copy files
« on: June 10, 2018, 06:30:34 am »

I am having problems with this feature,
The top drop down i'm selecting rename (moves if directory changes)
next i ticked directories where i have set the base path (C:\Users\Simon\Documents\) and rules to add folders according to the music file tags ( [Grouping]\[Publisher]\[Album]) 
next I ticked filename and set the rule [Artist]_[Name]
Now comes the problem, i tick ok and the files dissapear from their original location and don't turn up in the new location, then when i try to play them it says file not found then later the software seems to delete the files out the library automatically because of the broken links  ?
Strangely the odd attempt works ok.  It was originally working with files on my NAS drive but now i'm doing it with local files on the C drive only and same problem is occurring.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar??

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Rename, move & copy files
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:15:25 am »

You can confirm that your settings are correct in the right-hand pane before you perform the rename. Does everything look OK there?

brains4eva

• Recent member
Re: Rename, move & copy files
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 10:31:15 am »

You can confirm that your settings are correct in the right-hand pane before you perform the rename. Does everything look OK there?
Yes looks fine, it's very strange though seems to be working ok now.  Before its was like it gave up applying any tag changes resulting from the rename,move copy files tool.  The first time i tried i didn't realise you can tick filename and set the rule [Artist]_[Name] so i had tried to set that bit in the place that you add rules for folders so i had put all this in one box:  [Grouping]\[Publisher]\[Album]\[Artist]_[Name] 
i wonder if that had made it stop working properly.  I also had auto import running in the background.  I later corrected those things but still seemed to be having the problems...
I'm not 100% sure its solved but seems to working ok for the moment  :-\

UPDATE: I'm sure this was just because i was learning the feature at the time.  I've been using that feature ever since now and everything's fine
Pages: [1]   Go Up