INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now the IPOD  (Read 2303 times)

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
Now the IPOD
« on: January 26, 2003, 03:43:39 pm »

? I knew it was not going to be easy. Just for starters, I did an extensive search on the IPOD threads to see if my problem ever appeared and found nothing. I also know anything about how much better ipod works with MC 9, but I don't want to work with beta programs, if I can help it. So, here is the thing: I connected my ipod, changed the name of the ipod drive to "ipod", formatted it in the MJ8, prepared a special playlist to upload my music, sent it to the device, went to the device letter and found the huge list of files waiting to be uploaded, hit the upload files button and...
  after a minute or so, MJ 8 crashes and a windows message appears saying
  "MediaJukebox.e.exe generated errors and will be shut down by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
   A error log will be created"
   (the actual message in english may be a little different, for I am translating for my Windows 2000 portuguese version).
   What am I doing wrong? I checked the former threads and looked exactly like what I should be doing. And I couldn´t locate the aforementioned error log either.

Some info on the system:
  The version of the plug-in is 3.0.46

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.394
Install Path: C:\Arquivos de programas\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Duron 892 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 105 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Alexandre

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Now the IPOD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 03:58:45 pm »

Alex,
Most people using the iPod are using 9.0.  It's available on the Media Center board.  See "boards" above.  

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 04:06:28 pm »

I know that. I did my bit of research. But do I have to? I don't like to mess around with beta versions and I am aware that MJ 8 is not as good as MC9. Anyway, if I have the software and there is a plug-in available why do I have to make a upgrade before I want to?  I am doing the most simple thing: manually uploading the files and the system is crashing miserably.
Alexandre

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 05:04:06 am »

Alex,

You will have to use MC 9. There are so many added features that make the use of iPod with MC better that we have disontinued support with MJ 8. I apologize that the web page has not been updated yet to reflect this.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up